Couple of Reports

Rich

We had Tuesday off and the use of the truck so we packed up the boat and headed to the Urban Fisherman's stomping grounds hoping for some of these big bass he speaks of. Was hoping he'd be able to make it out but PM's didn't shoot back & forth fast enough unfortunately.

Anywho, the bassin' was slow. It's a big, deep, clear reservoir which makes things tough on a bright, hot day. We did eventually get into quite a few bass but all dinks. Finally spotted a good 4 pounder in a stick up but he spotted us long before we spotted him and stayed lockjawed. The most supple of offerings wouldn't subdue this bass so, defeated, we moved on. Still had a fun time there and enjoyed some of the best scenery Norfolk county has to offer.

DSC02106.jpg

DSC02108.jpg

There was even a new PB as Sugarpacket landed her new PB WGSF on a spinnerbait which just happened to be while I was bringing in a little bass. Unfortunately next to the bass, the rock bass seems much smaller than what it was. This thing was an honest pound at least.

DSC02113.jpg

She continued on her rock bass crusade throughout the day.

DSC02115.jpg

And finally, she was sidetracked by a largemouth.

DSC02116.jpg

This pie plate bluegill came out to play as well. Actually, it fought better than most of my bass that day. lol

DSC02118.jpg

And the dink of the day prize goes to me with this amazingly handicapped crappie that smacked a spinnerbait.

DSC02119.jpg

Like I said, a beautiful reservoir to fish though.

DSC02120.jpg

DSC02122.jpg

And this afternoon when we finished work we headed to a small municipal pond to try our luck at some largemouth. I landed a couple on weightless plastic worms, unfortunately Sugarpacket didn't have much luck here with her whopper fish being a 12 inch chub minnow. Here's the biggest of the day, which is by no means a big fish.

DSC02132.jpg

Always fun to get out and enjoy summer while we can!

Down 106lbs from 2 summers ago!

The three ways I lost weight:

1) I walk half hour to work and back everyday, plus walk everywhere else I can

2) I cut wayyyyy back on drinking

3) No more fast food

Though I really do miss my permanent tackle shelf :lol:

Great report Rich. Congrats on the weight loss. Its a tough battle, but you seem to have it beat :thumbsup_anim:

That last bass is so pale, funny how a different body of water makes the fish darker and lighter.

Joey

Down 106lbs from 2 summers ago!

The three ways I lost weight:

1) I walk half hour to work and back everyday, plus walk everywhere else I can

2) I cut wayyyyy back on drinking

3) No more fast food

Though I really do miss my permanent tackle shelf :lol:

That's an incredible amount of weight to lose Rich!!! :thumbsup_anim: ... and it looks good on ya Bubba!!!

Too bad you can't buy a fit body at Wal-Mart... you actually have to work for it!!! :clapping:

See what I don't get is why everybody is commenting on Rich's looks and failed to bring up the purdy girl that he was fishin' with! :w00t:

Glad to see you guys made it out my way, it's to bad we weren't able to connect - next time call me on the phone dude! I've got an inside source (a fellow DC regular) that gave me a few spots and suggested carolina rigging in 15 to 20 FOW.....Less #'s but bigger fish. Believe it or not he suggested a part of the lake that I've never fished so here's hoping for next saturday.

Even though we've got conflicting schedules I've got the truck now, and a trailer so there's no excuse for not hooking up for some buckets before fall - just find us a boat as the tooner isn't multiple angler friendly...

Cheers,

UF

See what I don't get is why everybody is commenting on Rich's looks and failed to bring up the purdy girl that he was fishin' with! :w00t:

Glad to see you guys made it out my way, it's to bad we weren't able to connect - next time call me on the phone dude! I've got an inside source (a fellow DC regular) that gave me a few spots and suggested carolina rigging in 15 to 20 FOW.....Less #'s but bigger fish. Believe it or not he suggested a part of the lake that I've never fished so here's hoping for next saturday.

Even though we've got conflicting schedules I've got the truck now, and a trailer so there's no excuse for not hooking up for some buckets before fall - just find us a boat as the tooner isn't multiple angler friendly...

Cheers,

UF

Well ain't that convenient, I got the boat and nothing to take it anywhere in!

Let me know when you're free.. I don't have a gas motor but there are some great bass lakes near me that are electric accessible. Big bass, and a little different fishing shallow water! I'm ready to go whenever you can spare a day man.