A personal question NF

HTHM

Guest skeeter99

I write off $3500 to $4500 a year in my taxes, since I am self employed

it works out the I am paying about 87 cents a litre with the return I get in the write off

The reason I am asking is I need to establish a baseline number to price a job in Sask that my brother-in-law needs done. Apparently they are VERY desperate for tradesmen out there, so needy in fact they would consider using me......

It is up to you to negotiate with the company so include fuel, oil, and maintenance, you will also have to keep a record of millage per trip per day with receipts. You can get guidelines from our friendly government revenue agency.

I am also self employed, and my accountant that does the taxes figures out what I can write off...gas,maintanance,insurance,was able to write of a part of a vehicle lease before I boughyt it out..depreciation of vehicle and so on, works out as a good chunk of a tax break at the end of the year.

for jobs where a travel charge is applicable to me, I work it out at $60/hr...30 cents a km, plus $30/hr bringing the travel charges to $60/hr

For those of you getting more than the CCRA limits ( $0.52 / km and $0.46 / km after 5,000km) should know that you are required to claim the entire re-imbursement as income. However, you will be able to deduct your auto expenses. For those being re-imbursed for the CCRA limits or less, there is no need to report the re-imbursement as income.

I'm one of the lucky ones with a company car (and gas card), but most of our sales force drive their own cars...and boy, are they ever getting hosed compared to most on here:

$0.35/km for the first 2000 km a month and only $0.20/km after that.