Pigeon Lake Musky

Meely

Hello Gang,

Headed up to Pigeon Lake again for the long weekend. Me and Buckster had dedicated Saturday to strictly fishing as there was a bunch of friends heading up to my place for the weekend.

After getting back from Bobcaygeon with groceries, we hit the lake around 11 am. The weather was a little odd in that it changed every half hour or so (sunny, cloudy, windy etc). Our goal was to do some musky-huntin' as we hadnt been out in a while. We fished for approximately 2 hours with not even a strike......Nadda.....Zippo......Zilch......Goose-Egg! Then in the afternoon the weather turned overcast and the wind picked up causing a little chop on the water. Not more than 20 minutes into this new weather pattern......WHAMMO.......we get a fish !! Here she is.....

f776cc2b.jpg

For the next 3 hours we boated 4 more fish. We could not believe how the fish just turned on with the new weather pattern. Just goes to show how vital weather and conditions can be.

Here is fish # 2, 3 and 5

a0227f45.jpg

9b8470a8.jpg

9dbace34.jpg

Fish #4 came only 5 minutes after our 3rd fish. She hit a jointed believer and turned out to be our BIGGEST fish to date. She measured 52 inches and had a girth just shy of 22 inches. Her belly was incredibly big as she must have just gorged. We measured her, quick pic and away she went.

We did not have a scale on board but using one of the fish-calculators she came off at just shy of 28 pounds. Our biggest in 11 years !!!

Here she is.....look at that gut.......the Muskies....not mine !!

bc0de705.jpg

Sunday we headed out to try our luck at pickerel. Managed a few small dinks then Buckster nailed this nice little gem.

34a38bef.jpg

In all it was a great weekend. We managed 5 skis and a decent pic.

Thanks for listening,

C'monnnnnnnn weeeknd !!

Meely :canadian:

awesome report.

it really freaks me out when i know that i go swimming in pigeon and little and big bald lakes all the time.

i get chills everytime i fall in the water off my wakeboard. i'm afraid that i'm gonna get chomped.

Do you think maybe the fishing Gods were watching the day you guys helped me reposition my dock...???

Good Karma and all that kind of stuff... :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks again guys and nice catches...You're on fire this year !!!

awesome report.

it really freaks me out when i know that i go swimming in pigeon and little and big bald lakes all the time.

i get chills everytime i fall in the water off my wakeboard. i'm afraid that i'm gonna get chomped.

Avoid trolling when yer swimming.

JF

Another great day up there for youse :thumbsup_anim:

Congrats on the 52" incher.

Great musky lake. We got 3 skis over 50" this month not to mention quite a few just under!

Gotta try bigger baits and deeper waters up there sometime.

ehg