How many rods do you have?

How many do you use for all types of fishing?  

181 members have voted

1. 1. Amount of rods

• 1-3
    • 4-7
    • 8-11
    • 12-20
    • 20 and above

Truth be told I am more worried about it in transportation to the repair guy and back unless I drove it myself. Couriers and I have do not have a happy relationship..... to me fragile MEANS fragile. To them it seems to say drop kick the SNOT of it till it quits moving. LOL.

....So it doesn't just happen to me?

You tell me where I can get a NEW circa 1980 7ft Shimano BullWhip spinning rod and I would do just that LOL. I have looked on Ebay for years no luck on finding one.

However and this is a true story a friend of a friend who's sister's, uncle's, brother's, motherinlaws half cousion twice removed is reported to have one in a display case in their "sports room" that is not for sale because although they have never went "fishing" they sometime may find the time to see what all the fuss is about..... I thought it was a joke until the buddy who told me about seeing it clicked a picture with his camera phone just to drive me crazy.

I had one of them once,twice removed.LOL

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

If I think about it, I think I have more then I posted in my vote..lol

2 ultralite spinning combos

6-Med action spinning combos

1-noodle rod

2- heavy action spinning rods I use for trolling and musky fishing

plus some misc rods and reels in the shed at my trailer for just incase..lol

I don't have anywhere near the budget that most fishermen have but I do have over 20 rods and just as many good reels to go with them. Ok....I'm old and I do have rods that are over 10 years old. However, all of them are graphite rods. My last addition is a Fenwick HMX fly rod for no 9 line and a Fenwick Knighthawk reel to go with it. I won this outfit in a fishing contest this spring. I rarely buy any rods or reels unless they are really at a fantastic sale price. Example: Berkley Lightning Rod baitcaster for 20 dollars last year, new Shimano Calyx 100A for 30 dollars last year, new Shimano Cardif 101 for 50 bucks (delivered) from last year, some almost new Daiwa H103 Procaster Z and X reels for about 15 dollars each on Ebay, tow 7 foot 1 piece Team Daiwa Tierra baitcasting rod for 25 dollars each (delivered), new Okuma Stinson spinning reel that I won with a bunch of stuff in another contest last winter, a Shimano Symetre 2000 spinning reel on sale a few years ago, 2 brand new Berkley Salmon series 2 piece baitcasters 8 1/2 feet long for 20 dollars each at a liquidation store, etc etc.

It's a question of just waiting until a bargain happens and then taking good care of the item after that.

I mainly use my med heavy casting rod for crankbaits,jerkbaits,topwater,heavy cover,spinnerbaits,, then i use my spinning rods for the soft plastics ... and i use that same spinning rod for having fun with a worm and bobber ( maybe a few bubblies are involved off the dock the odd time :whistling: ) ... The only time i use my med casting rod is when theres no chance of any big fish and defnitly no muskie .

i have around 10-12 at the moment.. but i see that will grow real quick as I fish for quite a few different species ... also want to get into fly/float fishing as well haha.

Thank you for this thread MTBF. It gives me a perfect excuse to buy more lol "lots of other people have like 40-50 rods!".

Man I guess I wasnt paying attention as to how many rods I have :lol::lol::lol:

Seriously......only have 8 spinning rods, 1 big game, 1 ultra light and only use 2 at a time while fishing :D

Question: Does tipups for ice fishing count?? If it does, then I have 30 - 50 of them...... I make my own :D

Leechman