LED Trailer Lights

SlowPoke

So, I have a broken right taillight lens (and a bent fender) from some kind soul at Lakair and now my left brake/signal is out. Time for a new light kit.

Has anybody used the low-profile LED lights from Princess Auto? PA is hit and miss for quality and they have a great return policy but I don't want to install them to find out they're crap.

Any other sources or recommendations for Low-Profile LED Lights?

-Brian

Got mine a few months back at CTC. From what it looks like, they look identical from the ones at PA.

They work great though and they only took about 10 mins to switch over from the standard old lights. They are worth the money.

I still disconnect everytime in the water tho, just to be safe.

I suggest that you try to not go too cheap when it comes to LED.... try to stick to companies like

GROTE or Uni-Bond ...that's the stuff that fleet companies use ... and the stuff that I sell every day.

Try to buy a high count LED....tighter grouping of diodes ... diodes in these lights are connected in

groups of 3 - 6...if one burns out 3 or 6 go out...thus decreasing the service intervals = more diodes less servicing. LED units are all sealed...use a dielectric grease at the connection though..

LED does not get hot so put 'em in the lake.

A good High Count 4'' stop & tail LED should run you about 50$ per side this includes the grommet and the connector.... the economy version should run at about 35$ per side..

you can get these at any Jobber store like ...Auto Parts Extra [ Benson' ]... Auto Sense...NAPA

CTC....

Randy...

:Gonefishing: In the rain..

You know Brian just goo that boat you really want I know you can afford it.

The new Lund boat trailers all come with LED lights so just do it life is too short too wait. :whistling:

A new LUND is nice and all but it wont catch you fish and chances are you will still fall overboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I suggest that you try to not go too cheap when it comes to LED.... try to stick to companies like

GROTE or Uni-Bond ...that's the stuff that fleet companies use ... and the stuff that I sell every day.

Good advice Randy but I'm limited to the low-profile style. I'd be happy to pay $200 for a system that would never fail but I'm limited by the style.

You know Brian just goo that boat you really want I know you can afford it.

The new Lund boat trailers all come with LED lights so just do it life is too short too wait. :whistling:

Mike, I'm afraid that if I "goo'd" the boat I really want I would be kicked out of the dealership and could possible face obscenity charges. Dealers in Quebec must be more lenient about that stuff.

I'm re-thinking the Lund route, I have my eye on something else!

Bass Pro has the kit - about $70 or so.

But I told you about the place in Milton, go there and I am sure they'll be cheaper and will have good quality compared to PA.

Thanks Emil, I forgot about them... if you read this, PM me the link or I'll give you a call about that.

A new LUND is nice and all but it wont catch you fish and chances are you will still fall overboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pete, as I said to Mike I am off the Lund kick. The one I have in mind would be really hard to fall out of but the downside is they are also tough to puke out of. Bring a step ladder when you come aboard!

Thanks everyone for the comments!

-Brian

Brian

I drive real rough back roads through Trenton, Temagmi with my trailer. Was always blowing regular bulbs. Switched my whole system to LEDs from Princess Auto. Their full kit was on sale for about $60. Included both rear lights and 6 running lights. Easy install and wow are they bright and worth every penny.

Peter I would rather fall overboard than puke overboard :whistling:

Where is all those pics of the new boat you promised .Are you too busy scrubbing the deck .

Puke off Peter :w00t:

Peter I would rather fall overboard than puke overboard :whistling:

Where is all those pics of the new boat you promised .Are you too busy scrubbing the deck .

Puke off Peter :w00t:

Puke smuke done it lots will do it again im sure anyway too busy catching fish.......I hear you are coming in August bring your sock and your favorite lube!!!!!!!......beatch

Chicken light for your boat trailer Brian???? but I guess you can't put them on your daycab :lol: I rewired my whole trailer and added two light bars with leds as well as side marker /turnsignal leds all for less than $100 and most of the stuff was bought at Princess Auto. Check my trailer out some time this weekend, I'll even help you out installing things.

jjcanoe

• 2 years later...

Just reviving an old thread....Is anyone else carrying the LED lights these days other than PA or CTC? PA's are around $79 for LED's. They have the regulars on for $20 this week they say submersible but LED seems the way to go.

Edited by scugog

Just reviving an old thread....Is anyone else carrying the LED lights these days other than PA or CTC? PA's are around $79 for LED's. They have the regulars on for $20 this week they say submersible but LED seems the way to go.

Unless you plan on using them in the winter.

I have a set of PA led lights as well that I got on sale last year at 50% off. :thumbsup_anim:

Just need to set the time aside to install them. LOL :rolleyes:

LED trailer lights go on sale at princess auto tomorrow...save 40% off $19.99.

LED trailer lights go on sale at princess auto tomorrow...save 40% off $19.99.

There ya go!!!! :clapping:

Don't forget the connectors as they're sold separately.

Also I use the heat shrinkable crimp connectors to connect connectors into the existing harness.

They are available at NAP and CTC for sure. They are a little more $$$ but they have hot glue in them that completely seals and waterproofs the connection. Don't forget the dielectric grease on the end that connects to the light.