Finally a job offer comes in!! NF

Zubris21

Well fellow OFC'ers as some of you more observant ones may have known, I graduated from teachers college in the spring. Since then I have been putting off summer employment and focusing on getting a teaching job for September.

I was getting pretty discouraged, prior to Thursday I hadn't heard anything from any of the applications I sent out, and boy did I send a lot. Then Thursday rolled around and got calls from two different school boards in northern Saskatchewan and Alberta, so I have phone interviews set up for early this week. THEN, yesterday morning I received a call from School division 87 in northern BC, they were pretty anxious to get an interview going, and I spoke with them over the phone for close to an hour last night. The interview went pretty well I thought, and I was excited to hear back from them. Well wouldn't you know it, not even 10 minutes after hanging up the phone, they had called back to offer me the position!!! I've been beaming ever since. I haven't accepted yet, because its pretty far away (Dease Lake, BC), but I am strongly considering it. The position is a really unique opportunity for a new teacher, and it doesn't hurt that the fishing up there is supposed to be unbelievable!

I just had to share my good news, I'm too excited/happy about the prospects of FINALLY starting my career, it only took 2 degrees and about 45-50k in debt.

Thanks for listening!

-fwf

congrats on the job prospect, teaching is a great job. its not always the best of money, but is a very rewarding occupation. i will be starting my tenth year of it this fall and love working with the kids. some days can be tough but the good ones will far outweigh the bad. best of luck.

jason

I just had to share my good news, I'm too excited/happy about the prospects of FINALLY starting my career, it only took 2 degrees and about 45-50k in debt.

Congratulations. You get the best of both worlds - a new teaching job, but with a contract (a rarity here in Ontario), and an opportunity to see some new parts of the world, with pay.

JF

Congratulations! I wish you much success and a bright future in the education field. I know a 30 something year old young lady who is more than qualified but has not had the good fortune that you are enjoying finding a teaching job. But then, she just maybe a little too particular about where she wants to be or live.

Congratulations! I wish you much success and a bright future in the education field. I know a 30 something year old young lady who is more than qualified but has not had the good fortune that you are enjoying finding a teaching job. But then, she just maybe a little too particular about where she wants to be or live.

Here in Ont it seems that one must serve a year or so as a temp before the contracts get passed out. My niece just got hers after 6 months, but she'd been a TA with the board for a dozen years already.

JF

Great to hear.

The best to you.

I also recently accepted an offer, and am very grateful to return to the workforce after being unemployed since February.

Did Mr, Moonie take you back Clampit? LOL

Congrats to you aswell.

Well just an update for any of you who are interested. I finished all my interviews yesterday and ended up with 3 offers on the table. The one I mentioned from Northern BC, one for Northern Alberta, and the last from Northern Sask. After weighing my options I decided to accept the offer in northern BC. It presented the most suitable position for me, as well as the highest salary and best benefit/bonus package, even though it is the farthest away. Looks like I'll be driving out there around mid august. Thanks for all your support OFC'ers!

Congradulations man!... Both my parents are teachers, and its a good job, with good pay, good benefits, and good holidays! U will work overtime and not be paid, but it is a very rewarding job. ALL The best!! CHEERS!

Pachone

Wow...comgrats!!!!

Just looked up Dease Lake...seems it's a 30km long lake...probably lots of fish in there!!!

Here's some quick info on the fish in the lake....

"Fishing in Dease Lake

Dease Lake also sits at the south end of Dease Lake a very good fishing lake in the area. The lake itself is about 30 km (19 miles) long and narrow, less than a km (mile) across in many places. The lake eventually flows into the Arctic so the variety of fish include Lake trout, white fish, northern pike, some arctic grayling and burbot." source http://www.ourbc.com/travel_bc/bc_cities/s.../dease_lake.htm

Good luck...and keep us updated once you are settled!