One happy kid!!

Sinker

My son got a new PB today.... :thumbsup_anim: ..he was freaking out with this smallie, it took him for a ride :D A couple nice jumps, and a lot of bull dogging, but he got it in the boat. When I grabbed it and pulled it over the gunnels....he let out the biggest scream of joy I've ever heard from him!! LOL

Here he is in his glory!

P7100013.jpg

He hasnt figured out the eyes yet. They're a little more tricky for him, but soon enough, with lots of practice, he'll be keeping up to dad in that department too!!

Gotta love it!!

Sinker

"keeping up to dad" ??

he'll make you feel sorry for saying that real soon ... you'll have a hard time to keep up with him. lol

Nice fish buddy!

Make me feel sorry? Never.....I can't wait for the day he outfishes me!! He's caught the biggest fish a couple times......and still won't let me live it down!! LOL.

I think he told everyone in our family today about this bass........his mom was getting sick of hearing about it :thumbsup_anim:

Sinker

Great fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do you fish with your young lad?

Trolling or casting?

My oldest is my fishing shadow....... Finding trolling the best so far but now he's been jigging to :)

We start off by stopping at a local creek, where we catch "bait". This consists of minnows, crayfish and sometimes leeches. Usually, he spends most of his time playing in the "bait" bucket.

Then we head to the icecream shop on the way to the lake :)

Once on the water, I usually just anchor out on a weed edge, and dunk our "bait". Like I said.....he spends more time playing in the bait bucket than anything......between drinks and treats that is. Once in a while, he'll put his line in and catch a fish.......he got lucky with that bass! He really likes to just cast and reel in. Doesn't matter if he catches fish.....he just likes to wing something out there, and reel it in....LOL.

Its all about making fishing a positive experience. The fish are just a bonus.

If you asked him what he likes about fishing, he'd most likely say doing donuts in the boat and jumping the waves....LOL......either that or the icecream on the way!! As long as he wants to go.....Im happy!!

Sinker