This board has lost its way

All I have to say is wow! Sorry to make some people write so much, thought it would be ignored. Did not intend to offend anyone and some very good points were made. I guess I will stick around.

So does anyone have any insight into G Bay vs. Simcoe ;)

Attaboy.

And sometimes we have to be reminded to count our blessings. Seems it was yer turn to remind us. :thumbsup_anim:

As for Georgian Bay, all I know is the water is too damned cold, for me at least. Dunno about the fish.

JF

All I have to say is wow! Sorry to make some people write so much, thought it would be ignored. Did not intend to offend anyone and some very good points were made. I guess I will stick around.

I think you just realized what OFC(Ontario Fishing Net Community) means.

No offense taken, we do type a lot about many things non-fishing, glad you are sticking around.

And G-Bay vs. Simcoe, sorry, I can't help you out there. I am 1400-1600 miles away from either place.

Edited by tjsa

i've lurked this board off and on for a few years

i finally signed up only a couple weeks back and i dont regret it at all. i've already read for hours on old topics and got alot of wicked information from current members.

i hope in the future that i can attend at OFC GTG to demonstrate my lure washing technique

:canadian::clapping:

Umm.. there is some land in between them. :clapping:

Welcome back.

Splashhopper and my daughter Botbot

So can someone give me the exact GPS location, colour of the prefered bait, what depth, what hook size, and maybe a ride out there.

Sometimes not every question will get a response.

No ask me the place the fish apparently are not biting. I bet there would be a few post's with that

I'm with you TJ.I hate this place!I'm looking for a new place to hang out,bunch of phonies who hide behind their keyboards here.Most dont even fish,let alone meet up with other members for a weekend on fishing.Even when they do meet another member they dont talk about fishing all of the time.Bunch of phonies!

Joe

kemper.... you are now a member of the honorary FF club I am voting you in... Pigeon is #1, I am known as number 2... you have the lingo down.. you are well on you're way... Steve when are you back here next... initiation ceremony!!!!!! they are always a blast.. Ohhh and kemper... be afraid... very very afraid.. :) LOL! we never quite know what Steve is going to do... eat sleep rip you're arm off thinking it is basted in BBQ sauce...

................yup.. welcome!

G

A very simple answer...

You get back what you give.

Become active get yourself involved and you will learn what OFC is all about.

G...

this caught my eye...as a newbie myself, I am trying my best to read all the wonderful reports and learn as much as we can. But how can I learn if people bash us not "contributing". Um..aren't we here in the first place to share stories and advices to help others? So everyone's gotta start off somewhere...if you're gonna search my post history and see that all I do is ask questions, you will think I'm a lazyass? I hope not. I'm not getting mad, just thought that you shouldn't judge from what they post. If I learn enough in the years to come I'll be sure to help others as well. :)

this caught my eye...as a newbie myself, I am trying my best to read all the wonderful reports and learn as much as we can. But how can I learn if people bash us not "contributing". Um..aren't we here in the first place to share stories and advices to help others? So everyone's gotta start off somewhere...if you're gonna search my post history and see that all I do is ask questions, you will think I'm a lazyass? I hope not. I'm not getting mad, just thought that you shouldn't judge from what they post. If I learn enough in the years to come I'll be sure to help others as well. :)

Hmmmmm,your first post ??

If its not to much of a bother perhaps you could introduce yourself so we know who we are talkin to....Just another social quirk thing we got on this board. People usually respond better to someone they feel they can connect with at the begining :)

Cheers !!

Alcetic, I looked at your profile; location unknown, birthday unknown, gender unknown...... Doesn't tell me anything about you at all. Think of it like this; walk up to any strange house and start asking for information or advice, you probably aren't going to get much. Walk up to a friends house and you'll probably do a bit better. Walk up to family and you'll probably end up getting swamped. As you have seen from the posts above, OFC is family.

As for not being able to contribute anything, every single person who comes to this site has something they can contribute, it doesn't have to be fishing related. Most of my posts aren't advice on fishing, I'm not that good compaired to many of the people on this board. Sometimes it is as simple as offering to help with the fishing for Tyler event or other worthy causes, sometimes nothing more than your thoughts or prayers when someone is going through a rough time.

So, tell us a little about yourself: retired/student, Canada/USA/England, hobbies/intrests.....

We are always open to adopt another new member into the family.

kemper.... you are now a member of the honorary FF club I am voting you in... Pigeon is #1, I am known as number 2... you have the lingo down.. you are well on you're way... Steve when are you back here next... initiation ceremony!!!!!! they are always a blast.. Ohhh and kemper... be afraid... very very afraid.. :) LOL! we never quite know what Steve is going to do... eat sleep rip you're arm off thinking it is basted in BBQ sauce...

................yup.. welcome!

G

I am HONOURED.

I would like to thank my mom, dad, fishin buddies, OFNCommunity...

Dang, I think the BBQ is calling me right now, Ill post a full report on the wings that I cook, and eat.

Alcetic, I looked at your profile; location unknown, birthday unknown, gender unknown...... Doesn't tell me anything about you at all. Think of it like this; walk up to any strange house and start asking for information or advice, you probably aren't going to get much. Walk up to a friends house and you'll probably do a bit better. Walk up to family and you'll probably end up getting swamped. As you have seen from the posts above, OFC is family.

As for not being able to contribute anything, every single person who comes to this site has something they can contribute, it doesn't have to be fishing related. Most of my posts aren't advice on fishing, I'm not that good compaired to many of the people on this board. Sometimes it is as simple as offering to help with the fishing for Tyler event or other worthy causes, sometimes nothing more than your thoughts or prayers when someone is going through a rough time.

So, tell us a little about yourself: retired/student, Canada/USA/England, hobbies/intrests.....

We are always open to adopt another new member into the family.

Some people don't want to be a part of the OFC "family", they just want strictly info/advice on fishing. Is something wrong with that? After all, this is supposed to be "Ontario's Best Fishing resource" right?

I mean, who cares if it's someone's first post or they didn't disclose their personal info in their profile? Why should that matter? To each his own. I personally don't care to participate in the family aspect of this board because I have my own family and friends in real life. I mean no disrespect, but I was attracted here because I was looking for fishing information, not because I was looking to be "adopted".

I get turned off when I see you guys pushing this whole family thing on noobs.

IMHO, it is much better to just be helpful to them and they may stick around and choose to be a part of the community on their own. If not, so be it, you've still helped a fellow angler and that's something you can feel good about and reflects well on your OFC "family".

Some people don't want to be a part of the OFC "family", they just want strictly info/advice on fishing. Is something wrong with that? After all, this is supposed to be "Ontario's Best Fishing resource" right?

I mean, who cares if it's someone's first post or they didn't disclose their personal info in their profile? Why should that matter? To each his own. I personally don't care to participate in the family aspect of this board because I have my own family and friends in real life. I mean no disrespect, but I was attracted here because I was looking for fishing information, not because I was looking to be "adopted".

I get turned off when I see you guys pushing this whole family thing on noobs.

IMHO, it is much better to just be helpful to them and they may stick around and choose to be a part of the community on their own. If not, so be it, you've still helped a fellow angler and that's something you can feel good about and reflects well on your OFC "family".

What's wrong with being part of the family???... a more dysfunctional family ou've never seen!!! :rolleyes::wallbash::asshat::Gonefishing:

... and what's wrong with knowing a little bit aboot whom you're helping? We don't need last names, mailing addresses, your place of employ, or your mother's maiden name.... just a little general info.

We have respected members on this board that have chosen not to show their face in a pic, and that's ok... we respect their right to privacy.

A little basic info shown in good faith will pay much bigger dividends than nothing at all.

I'd have to agree with the statement "it is what it is". And that is first and foremost a fishing board. That is the tie that binds.

I've only been a member for about 6 months and in that time I have helped and been helped in many ways.

I've contributed my knowledge where I can, monies to help the French Family through motv8r's Fishing for Tyler auction, tossing Ryan Landry's Black Lures, wrote to my MP with regards to the Navigable waterways rewrite, and encouraged, congratulated many here on their adventures.

I've been helped in purchasing a baitcaster and handheld GPS, and guided through various early season walleye tactics....of which I'm still perfecting hehe.

Do I feel offended when my reports are viewed by 100+ but only 1 or 2 actually reply? Do I feel marginalized by members that have longer and deeper ties to some than I, and assumingly thus their comment may carry more weight than my own? The answer is a resounding NO. I contribute to share my experiences with other fisherfolk, maybe pick up a tip or two, or give back a tip or two.

It's a big pond. There may be schools, there may be lurkers, there may be trophies and dinks alike in here. But all combined, such is our pond. Like it or lump it, it is what it is.

reefrunner

Kemper, you are now known as #3 Congrats! now... time to fatten you up!

Brian... Ohhh the insanity of it all! I would have not have done it if it was not a friend of Steve's, and he was a good sport... no bag actually touched him LOL!

We've had some goodtimes!!

G