If we're gonna go by that philosophy.....

Does ANY fish caught trolling count then?

Marlin?? Walleye?? Lakers?? ......and what about all those fish caught during the

Salmon derbies that win big prizes???....Guess all the prizes should go back ?????

Just my 2 cents.....

Meely

There can be a lot more to trolling than just casting out a lure and going for a relaxing cruise.

Just like with casting there is lure choice, depth, speed, possibly cadence, location, and probably many other things that come into play.

Although I cannot comment on trolling muskies specifically, I do believe that trolling for any species is significantly more complicated than just putting a lure on and letting out line.

Precision trolling is exactly that, precision!

HH

Guest gbfisher
Although I cannot comment on trolling muskies specifically, I do believe that trolling for any species is significantly more complicated than just putting a lure on and letting out line.

Precision trolling is exactly that, precision!

HH

Finally.............. A man who knows his stuff........... :lol:

Edited by gbfisher

tell ya when I get one in :lol: , never landed one trolling before, have hooked a few hogs that I got the pleasure of watching a good air show......watch the fish jump out of the water big time...then fish goes one way...lure goes the other kind of deal :o . All the muskies I have caught have been casting....of those probably at least 1/2 have been caught while fishing for something else..caught on everything from a dew-worm while drifting for browns, to tubes and twisters fishing for bass and walleye, and even one on a top water scum-frog while fishing for largies in the lily pads...so hard to say..maybe these ones didn't count either cuz I was fishing for somehting else at the time :dunno::P ...then of course there are the days where you practically rip your arm off tossing around big lures on a heavy rod all day to come up with nothing more than a sore elbow

So theirs Joey, Holding her 8.6 trolling rod in a weed infested lake.

Trolling at 5mph,

Are you brave enough to tell her that fish doesn't count.

If so, you have bigger coconut then I.

You only have 1 coconut?????????

Does a Musky caught while trolling really count?

Maybe it's just me, but I think the ones that are caught while casting are the only ones that really count.

What do y'all think?

Depends if you are fishing with a guide or not.

A muskie, is a muskie, is a muskie.

The thing that matters is that they all get set free to swim another day so that everyone has a shot at the fish of a lifetime....

I'll take a fish trolling any day. Lots of technique and skill involved in catching them consistently with this method. It's not just a matter of throwing a line out the back of the boat. If it was, we'd all be doing it and posting amazing pictures, wouldn't we? :) :)

Patowski

Since I have never boated one, I might not be entitled to add my opinion but why not

I would never say that a legally hooked and boated fish does not count, however, had I been asked this question two years ago, I might have thought it wasn't as "impressive".

I have since had the pleasure of learning to use down riggers and planers (Thanks Brian!) and have spent many hours reading over the Trolling Bible. I have a greater appreciation for the work and knowledge that it takes to troll successfully. I have tried trolling on a few musky outings with Cliff and if it was all luck, I believe that Cliff would have boated about 20 by now LOL

Fish caught while with a guide... Why shouldn't they count. The guide has the skill and the knowledge but once that fish is on the line, it is up to the client to bring it in. To me, it isn't any different then going out with an experienced angler friend that sets you up for the day.

Thanks again Scotty for my first steelhead, Brian for my first Salmon and Will, thank you for taking me musky hunting and for your patience, I promise to try harder :lol:

Does a Musky caught while trolling really count?

Maybe it's just me, but I think the ones that are caught while casting are the only ones that really count.

What do y'all think?

Are you for real?? Sure casting for them might sound mor sporting but you only need one to peel off a couple hundred yards of line while trollling to get your blood pumping and that's a small one. You need to spend some time up in Belle River and get an education on trolling for huge LSC musky. :canadian: