Whitefish Fishing On Simcoe

Terry

Well it looked like a calm day so I thought I would run up to willow beach to go fishing for whitefish in my little folding boat.... I couldn't find a place to park at willow beach... no parking...yeah everywhere had that and no stopping signs ..looks damn unfriendly..so I go to Jacksons point

first I forgot the anchor ..

so I had the electric trolling motor in the back of the truck , so I through it in the boat

and off I went from Jacksons point...I saw all the boats a few miles out, but the waves were more then I thought they would be so I stopped and fished a hump part way out to the group of boats

I was marking fish but couldn't get any to bite...using the trolling motor running backwards to try to stay strait over the lure a big wave came right over the back and got me wet....I was only wearing running shoes and it wasn't long before they were wet and cold and the adventure was over..except the half hour ride back in...

didn't catch a thing but it was lots of fun getting out fishing.........

back at the dock I saw the water seemed black

it wa minnows.. millions of them as far as the eye could see

I snapped some pictures but it's hard to see them

DSCF2569.jpg

DSCF2570.jpg

DSCF2572.jpg

DSCF2573.jpg

well that's it of the weekend

back to work tomorrow

Terry

You are a braver man than me going out on Simcoe in that bathtub! Always remember, power on and bowfirst into waves. It would have been a heckuva time if you'd actually caught on of those Whities while out in that boat. That's when the real fun starts!

Great report and pics!!!

Glen

well at lest I got out fishing one way or the other

wayne, I think the square back would make it a little safer

but I felt safe or I wouldn't go out

on the other hand I did have my floater suit on plus my self inflating lifejacket

and a cell phone in a plastic bag....just like a boy scout...be prepared

Terry, too bad you didn't catch anything, better luck tommorrow.

Yeah, my older bro when to sibbalds on fri and used a small minnow net they found in the trunk and pailed about $40 worth of minnows in a few minutes, which will be great if the ice would just show up before they die on them.

Good luck again, and hope to see some more reports soon.

HF