Wallleye Report!!! ( With Pics)

Crazyhook

What a day!!! headed down to the Bay of Quinte to meet A and Sheldon Hatch ( eye tracker). It rained all night in Ottawa and I was expecting a tough day.

My morning started with a trip to the gas station ( fill up and a box of my favorite donuts ).

I was not feeling the greatest and saw my coffee hit the windshield just before Kingston ( why the heck are the wipers not on the inside!)

Hlf a bottle of Pepto I feel alright and I meet the lads at the dock. We launch in Picton and start trolling.

We did not have the second rod in when we get bit. I reel in the first fish of the day a nice little 3 pounder ( which will be tomorrows dinner)

A gets the next fish, his first walleye and what a way to break a cherry, a fat 29" 10 pounder!

We were marking fish all over the place ( I thought the finder was on demo mode)..

the far planer board start swimming off and I come tight. The battle was on. Some large head shakes I knew I was in for a nice one... sure enough my biggest eye ever comes in 30 x 18! ( did not weight it...)

what a beauty day on the water. We finished 3 for 4 ( one nice fish came off on our last pass of the day)

Thanks so much to Sheldon for the day on the water an for breaking a cherry and crushing my personal best. Looks like I have found another fish with teeth to dream about

UNreal, fishing in January without drilling a hole and not wearing a jacket for half the day!

Edited by Crazyhook

Good stuff Jamie, I was waiting to hear how you made out.

You said you wanted that new PB, and then you went out and got it, and that's as good as it gets !! :thumbsup_anim:

Fishing open water in January, wearing only a sweater.......Priceless !!