Our Gang did OK In a Montreal Fishing Tournament

The time came once again June 7th our annual fishing Tournament on the St-Lawrence River close to Montreal.

For the first time Myself and Teamate GlennK finally had a high placing in a tournament.

There were prizes for biggest fish in three categories Largest Pike ,Largest Wallleye and Largest Perch.

Also the Grand slam categorie where you need a Pike ,Walleye and Perch.

Our Day started off with a mixed bag of weather RAIN but not for long before we knew it the heat was almost

as hot as Alabama 33 Celcius.Around 10 am the racing cars from the montreal Grand Prix came out to practice on Iles Notre Dame.

Only 3kms away we could here them loud and clear.

This day was a special one because GleenK finally got his boat an upgrade from a 12 ft princecraft ungava now he has the

16 footer.

Presentation prizes were great Glenn picked up a nice Berkley scale with a bass culling kit and I picked up a nice Plano bag

complete with soft plastics for bass and some crank baits.

Glenn and I place 4th overall (out of a field of 150 teams)in the Grand Slam categorie with a 5lb Walleye(from Glenn), 2.5 pound Pike(Glenn)and my Perch of 768 grams

enough for a $100 prize.

Our friend Danny who some of you may know from my Quinte opener reports had the biggest walleye of the day 7.5 lbs.

So here are the pics. :Gonefishing:

IMG_1374_1.jpg

Friend Danny fishing with Paul his brother in law.

IMG_1376_1.jpg

Happy GlennK riding his new Ride a Lund 1625 classic.Thats the Champlain bridge in the background.

IMG_1379_1.jpg

Glenn's 5lb eye and an addition to his team 22.5 inches. :thumbsup_anim:

IMG_1381_1.jpg

We spotted Don(Tracker in his new boat.Hey Don what were you doing in Montreal :whistling:

IMG_1382_1.jpg

Friends of ours Craig and Jeff who got a warning to stay out of the shipping lane.

IMG_1384_1.jpg

My contribution for the day a 10 3/4 inch perch weighing a whopping 768 grams and an upgrade for team #6

IMG_1386_1.jpg

A shot of the fish before there release.

IMG_1390_1.jpg

My friend Dan and his brother inlaw there win for Largest Walleye of the Day 7.5lbs.

IMG_1392_1.jpg

Now thats my burnt arm and if you ever go fishing with GlennK and he says not to

bring sunscreen don't beleive him it was lost somewhere in cyberspace :whistling:

My scottish skin is on fire today.Captain Glenn will now be keeping the lotion on board.

As usual it was a pleasure fishing with good friend Glenn cause he can catch fish.

What a great day I look forward to next weekend when we return to the St-Lawrence

with our kids for another amateur tournament next Saturday.

:Gonefishing: MTP

Edited by Mike the Pike

A hearty congratulations to MTP and GlennK!!! :clapping:

Great report, pics, and fish!!! :thumbsup_anim:

LMBO at 768 grams!!! :w00t: some folks will do anything to make a fish seem bigger! ;) ... but a 1.71 lb Perch is a nice fat fish, especially @ 10 3/4" He was prolly a fatter 10 incher 'til you grabbed him by the head and tail and stretched him!!!

I know that sunburn is painful!!! :devil: Put some white vinegar on it and it'll take the sting out. You'll smell like a pickle, but feel better.

I know about sunburns and Alabaster skin, I worked at a motel in Panama City Beach back in my younger days.

A hearty congratulations to MTP and GlennK!!! :clapping:

Great report, pics, and fish!!! :thumbsup_anim:

LMBO at 768 grams!!! :w00t: some folks will do anything to make a fish seem bigger! ;) ... but a 1.71 lb Perch is a nice fat fish, especially @ 10 3/4" He was prolly a fatter 10 incher 'til you grabbed him by the head and tail and stretched him!!!

I know that sunburn is painful!!! :devil: Put some white vinegar on it and it'll take the sting out. You'll smell like a pickle, but feel better.

I know about sunburns and Alabaster skin, I worked at a motel in Panama City Beach back in my younger days.

Hey Glenn that is what the woman told me at the weigh in .768 grams unless I miss understood her heavy french accent it was a short fat perch but no where near 1.7lbs must of bee my hearing lol :canadian:

Nice report MIke.

I figured your report was missing a picture.....

100_0131a.JPG

I'm hurting today too. :stretcher:

I cleaned out the boat today. Also put in a new bottle of 30 factor lotion. :thumbsup_anim:

You need to buy me some more solarcane man I haven't felt burnt like that in years. :stretcher:

its time for Bimini top my scottish roots can't take that sun.

Nice boat bud :thumbsup_anim:

Montreal truly beats Toronto for the urban fishing possibilties.

Big walleyes and decent pike while F1 cars are flying around in background :thumbsup_anim:

Even a decent possiblity of big muskies etc...

Great post, thanks

ehg