Karma + Irishfield= How can you go wrong?

Dano

As most of you know, Wayne is one of the most respected and helpful individuals that graces this community. He has become a very good friend of mine both on the water and off and I know he has shown his endless generosity and kindness to me and to many here.

We now have an opportunity to express our gratitude while funding important research to find a cure for an affliction that has touched his family.

As you may or may not know Waynes' daughter Jen, has Crohn's disease and is involved with trying to raise funds to find the cure. Some of you have expressed interest in her story so i thought I would let you 'hear' it straight from her. Click on the 'Donate Now' link below to learn more (and don't worry, no one will jump out of the computer to get money from you, haha). No pressure or expectations but if you do feel inclined to donate great, if not, no worries. Who knows, you may even know of someone else that you think might be interested and want to pass it along. Either way, thanks for your concern and support of Jen and her family through her tough times.

OK everyone....pony up! (please)

Jen: by going to my ePledge page you can read 'My Story' of Crohn's Disease and learn how it has affected my life. I truly appreciate every pledge, whether you can give a little or give a lot, you're helping me attain my personal goal. And with every pledge, we get one step closer to finding a cure.

I'm walking so that hopefully one day others don't have to go through what I have!

============================================

This June, I’ll be participating in the 2008 Heel ‘n’ Wheel-a-Thon to raise money for the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of Canada (CCFC). The CCFC is a national not-for-profit voluntary medical research Foundation, whose mission is to find the cure for inflammatory bowel disease.

As you know, this cause is very important to me, and that is why I’m asking you to help me out in my fundraising efforts this year. Sponsoring me is easy – just click on the ePledge link below and follow the prompts. If you’d prefer to send a cheque, just make it out to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of Canada and send it to my home address.

To make your secure online pledge, please click on the link below.

Please Donate

If you have trouble viewing this link, cut and paste the following address into your browser:

https://secure.ccfcfindthecure.ca/Participa...=39&GC=GTv2

An electronic tax receipt will be sent to you by e-mail as soon as your donation is processed.

Thank you for your generous support.

P.S. - Anyone is welcome to participate in the Heel 'n' Wheel-a-thon, so feel free to forward this link on to other people you know who may be interested in joining us in our fight to find the cure!

Thanks for the info Dano. Crohns affects more than most people think. My best friend is afflicted with it, as is one of my daughter's friends.

Jen...thanks for taking this big step and sharing your story. Awareness is key to a cure, and your courage is admirable. Good luck in the walk...Carole and I are proud to sponser you.

:blush::blush:

I was brought up to be a giver.. not a taker, even though I'm not sure how my parents even kept us fed.

Dan, I truely appreciate your caring/concern and taking the time to pass this forward to the list. I told Jen I wouldn't do it for her, as like I said... not the way I was brought up.

I don't want anyone to feel obligated to donating to this cause. It's a worthy one, but there are many more out there just as deserving and funds only stretch so far for people. Give only if you can and truly want to... don't do it because it's me. (not that "me" is a worthy reason to do so anyhow)

Wayne

Edited by irishfield

It is so nice to hear your daughter is doing better now. The pain and agony in the past must have made you and your wife worry warts. I am proud to call you a friend and I hope my donation gets her that much closer to her goal!

I only hope Jen doesn't get a relapse and has go to through all of this again. ( I never was good with words).

Cheers, Ron...

Edited by Ron

Dear Wayne,

Being new to the board, I obviously don't know you but I see from Jen's website that she's in Richmond Hill / Vaughan and you are out of town.

My family and I live within walking distance from York Central Hospital in Richmond Hill and if the need ever arises, you are welcome in my home.

In your word's: "I was brought up to be a giver.. not a taker.."

May we all live our lives that way... :clapping:

Peter

Thanks lads for your support... it's extremely appreciated and Jen is pumped for her fund raising walk.

Peter.. THANKS! for the accom offer. Jen actually should be living downtown and her Doctor and Surgeon are at St. Mike's. The Toronto walk and the Barrie walk are on the day she has to be a brides maid... so she picked Richmond Hill's walk to participate in as it's on a different weekend. ON a side note... one of your cohorts just left here... and Air Canada pilot that is. Robert White.. a 320 man.