I'd like to start a poll as to whether we should have

irishfield

I think the STEEL guys are just experenceing STREAM RAGE . Its just like road rage coming from all the congestion on the highways instaed its creeks . PEOPLE just dont do well all close together we need our SPACE . why do you think moosebunks threads all get so many reads , WE ALL envy his being able to get away and enjoy the fredom of haveing a great deal of space between him and everyone else.

Can we play with names for this "new" steelhead section ?

Like ummm...

The "disgruntled and grumpy tributaries angler" section...

or

The "keep 3 paces from me at all times on the river bank" section...

or

The "I'll kill you if you take a picture of this river" section...

maybe

The" there's mud on that Steelhead, lick it off !!!" section...

or

The "my centre pin and fishing vest are worth more than yours" section

or

The "look out my fish is wrapped around a pit bull and a shopping cart" section

or

ahhhh nevermind.

Hookset.

Can we play with names for this "new" steelhead section ?

Like ummm...

The "look out my fish is wrapped around a pit bull and a shopping cart" section

or

Hookset.

Now that's funny!

How about the "If I can touch you with my 15' rod you're too close!" section? :D

I think the STEEL guys are just experenceing STREAM RAGE . Its just like road rage coming from all the congestion on the highways instaed its creeks . PEOPLE just dont do well all close together we need our SPACE . why do you think moosebunks threads all get so many reads , WE ALL envy his being able to get away and enjoy the fredom of haveing a great deal of space between him and everyone else.

Well said Capt Bruce. Apart from steelheaders, which I comend for providing some good reads these long months, keep an eye on the board this summer as to whom starts pp-ing recreational boaters, weekend warriors and so forth. We are gifted in having access to all the outdoor wonders Ontario has to offer, but when it comes to sharing that resource we are inclined to look at what has been taken away from our individual experience instead of the how we can appreciate our outdoors in the collective sense. Institutions like conservation agencies, online forums and species specific angling clubs provide the opportunity for the exchange that is lacking in this sport beside the random comment "any luck?"

The good outweighs the bad in most cases, but inherentily are inseperable.

reefrunner

I've never caught a steelhead, but I'd like to learn how to do it right someday.BUT! It has to be the hardest topic to research here because "they" give out so little information. I'm not worried I'll figure it out, but somehow a bunch of "them" think they're better than everyone else and that's just nonsense. Was there a special date that you had to become a steelheader by? Somehow if you got in by that date this entitles you to special powers and privelidges, like telling everyone else how to run their lives? How to report, post pics ? Unless it's your property I don't see what gives you the right.Is it an exclusive club, so anyone that comes after that specific date fends for themselves? That's not what a forum is for is it? Canadian Copper posted a beautiful report the other day. It was truly an incredible inspiring post . A post like that makes me want to go steelheading. Seeing all the rest of the nonsense associated with steelheading makes some here not want to even fish for steelhead so they don't get automatically grouped in with the whining ones. "Steelheader" is almost a bad name around here now and that shouldn't be. A few bad apples are spoiling it for everyone. It's a resource that everyone has the right to enjoy and no person has any more rights than another. Why does everyone have to abide by your rules? Why do fifty guys get to dictate what everyone else does. You have to get elected usually before you get to screw us like that don't you? I'm sure some of the members of this group tell eachother where thay are fishing etc. don't they? Why should they have any control over the rest of us. There are no magical powers, only a mystique these few guys are trying to perpetuate so they can keep the fishery to themselves. I say everyone catch their fish, enjoy the fishery and have fun. Be respectful of the water,area you are fishing and the fish you're catching. But that's no different for anywhere no matter what you're catching, whether it's bass,muskie,pike ,walleye,perch,salmon or trout. These are all important fisheries. I know everyone has their preferences but we are all fishermen. We should try to get along, help eachother and maybe most importantly respect eachother's rights to share (or not) what we want about our experiences with others so they and their kids can enjoy this sport.

where would we talk about beer? If it was american beer, which is like water, it could go in the steelhead forum. It creates the same amount of pissing!

LOL Steve! Wait till we come for your water! Note this thread was not started by a yanker on weak beer! :clapping:

Salmon and Steelhead on the same board? Mix in a carp post? Just to keep em happy? :clapping:

:Gonefishing: Brookies. Doesn"t anyone fish brookies .I love fishing these small tasty fish.I am like the old guys on Grumpy old men .Me my bud in the old tinny spending the afternoon fishing whatever happens to bite my worm. I have fished big water with my down riggers and now that I am older I go for quality time with anyone who wants to spend an afternoon with a yappy old phart . Good luck on the steelies guys .Been there done that.

I think it gets confusing if there are too many sections....but I think a "ragand Moan" section would be good. On other messageboards I've seen having a section for this makes the fishing related sections better and with less crap. Every time someone posts something thats just complaining a moderator can just move it...seems to keep the forums cleaner and the people happier IMHO.

-Ben

I'd be up for that ... I fish for rainbows ... not steelhead and only in very well known (but rarely crowded) rivers and creeks :)

But I think we may also need a section for our Musky-ho's too ... even though that section doesnt get busy til later in the year ... cast vs troll ... myspot vs yours ... fillet vs steaks ... steam vs fishcrisp ... vertical vs gill grip :)

And we ABSOLUTELY need a section dedicated to brookies .. but only as long as Danc will promise to post lots of pictures .. even if from previous years :)

Over the last few years i always thought a moderater with a degree in psychology would be helpful

around here at this time of year, to PM advice until most seasons re-open.

Usually on trout opener i'd break out small spinners to work the pools, but found going away from people and

tossing Panther Martins for brookies in headwaters more relaxing.

:Gonefishing: Brookies. Doesn"t anyone fish brookies . Good luck on the steelies guys .Been there done that.

This year i'll try for crappies on lakes instead.

cheers,

ehg

I think I need to do some trout fishing this year. Think my '8 muskie rod will work out ok? :D

Only if you load up your reel with 80 lb braid, a steel leader and a lure with lots of large trebles...oh wait the salmon don't start running till september in the tribs. :clapping:

I actually like the idea of having seperate sections! That's how it's done over at OFF and a couple of other fishing forums I visit.

I don't like having to sift through non-fishing threads to find the fishing discussions. I have other forums I go to for non-fishing chat... so when I come here I like to get to the good stuff right away.

My 2 cents.