Muskegon River Steelhead

solopaddler

Looks like a road trip may be in the future.

That's not the camera you usually use is it???

Hey Drew, you're welcome to join me anytime if you can ever swing it bud.

And yeah, new camera. After my ice fishing trip when my old one froze up on me I snapped and bought a new Olympus. Supposed to be freezeproof shockproof and waterproof (perfect for me :) ).

I was waiting for this report Mike always a great read and thanks for taking all that time to put it together.

Was that an old Honda 4 stroke on the back of the drift boat?

Had one like it awhile back 7.5HP it was 26 yrs old when I sold it and always ran problem free.

:thumbsup_anim:

Was that an old Honda 4 stroke on the back of the drift boat?

Had one like it awhile back 7.5HP it was 26 yrs old when I sold it and always ran problem free.

:thumbsup_anim:

That's exactly what it was Mike. The old thing ran great, started first pull every time except no shear pin :D .

Thanks to one and all for the great feedback and positive comments, much appreciated!

Another great report! I'm glad that you got all that ID stuff back in time for this awesome trip.

Whenever I read one of your reports, there is always something in there that makes me think how I can apply some it to my own outings....that's one of the things I love about reading them. I'm pretty limited in my experiences so far, but seeing posts like this makes me want to head out even more than I already do!

Thanks for taking the time to post...it's always a real treat to see one of your trips posted on here.

Holy crap, that was unbelievable! You should have your own show. I know it's a little different, but maybe they could slip you in on Extreme Angler? I've never seen a show where they catch steelhead like that. Plus it was very nice to see the backgrounds of the pictures. :worthy: