My weekend report (NF)

Roy

Well, I too had a long weekend this weekend but I could not get out of the house. I had to move furniture out of the den (up a few stairs). Then sand the floor. I tell you, wood dust does not hold a candle to freshair. Then did four coats of urethane.Then painted and installed new wood trim. Then the wonderful job of putting everything back in place without scratching the floor. One piece is 500lbs empty....down two steps onto the new floor. It's bad enough just moving it around on old floors. But, once I'd donned my Wilie Coyote hat and sat at the drawing board, I was able to calculate angles of departure, leverages and whatnot. OH, and being the techno wizard that I am, was able to re-connect all the video/adio stuff in less that an hour this morning. (Now THAT alone was worth a beer.) I know it's a terrible pic but it's the only one I took today.

DSC01022.jpg

The only saving grace for me this weekend that was at least fishing related was that between coats of urethane, I was able to get a little work in on some muskie baits.

DSC01023.jpg

I would have gladly traded places with any of you guys on the tribs or anywhere else fishing this weekend.

And it certainly wasn't as glamorous as Bernie's beauty ceiling job.....

Geeze Roy, you did all that over the weekend......you need a week off now!! I know first hand how much work that is!!! I did the same thing here......took me longer than a weekend......but I had almost the whole main floor to do.....what a job. I thought we'd never get rid of the dust!!

Nice work!! The floor looks great!! Any before pics?

Nice lures too......beauties!

Now take a break.....holy...your making me tired!!

Sinker

Thanks folks. You're very kind.

Very nice Roy. I broke out in a sweat just thinking about sanding the floor.

You did surprise me though, didn't think you could lift 500 lbs.

Bernie I can't lift 500lbs. Got J to do it.

Really very pretty floor...have never seen that colour before....you know, I would have come....would have massaged your back, a few good pounds to get that dust out of yer lungs....I would have even painted the baits...remember...all kidding aside...You did fantastic work Roy....you missed out on bacon splashes but then again one can only handle so much pain...haha...bisous.

Nice job Roy looks excellent! (and I can relate).

I just finished refinishing the hardwood on the entire main floor of my house (living room, dining room and hallway). Finally got the furniture back in place on Saturday. Not a fun thing when your kitchen and back deck is piled high with furniture for over a week and there's an unhappy wife and 2 young kids in the mix.. :)

I sanded mine down to the bare wood as well then rubbed in 4 separate coats of stain then applied 3 coats of oil based urethane. Looks mint, but with drying/curing time it took a while.

How did you manage to do it in one long weekend? LOL!

Great job Roy!

How did you get rid of all the dust before putting the Urethane down?

Educated guess here, but vaccum first from ceiling to floor then wipe the floor down with a rag dampened with mineral spirits.

(Then do it a 2nd and 3rd time just to be sure :) )

I actually was able to get all the sanding done Thursday night and into the wee hours. Was able to start the coats friday morning after vacuuming everything and damp mopping the walls/ceiling/fireplace etc...No dust. Or very little.

Ha! You're quicker than I am Mike.

Roy,

Completely offtopic question:

What type of clearcoat do you use on the lures once you've applied the paint? (I've got some beat up Suicks that I'm going to play with before the season)

BTW, floors look awesome, as do the baits!!!

Thanks Bill. There are all kinds of topcoats you can use for baits. A lot of the pros use 2-ton epoxy. I use either 2 part crystal resin or Vitra-Laque. The guys at tackleunderground.com are very helpful and there's a ton of info on there.

Good luck.