New Member's First Report

hillbilly

Hello there ladies and gents, I joined up a while ago but I've been far too busy fishing to type up a report for you all. So a short intro of myself, my name is Jeff and if there wasn't hunting and fishing I would rather not exist. I am a hunting guide in northern B.C. and Sask, and I fish as much as $ and the gov't will allow. You have already had reports on some of my hard water adventures with my good friend Ramble.

So here are a few of the past weeks adventures

My last day of walleye fishing this year was spent on the mouth of the trent river, the morning hours were rather fruitless lol. Everyone around me was slamming them, I didn't even get a bite. The evening went a little better in my favor, I only witnessed one walleye being iced and I iced it. here are a few pics from the day.

100_0502.jpg

100_0505.jpg

100_0509.jpg

From there on out it has been perch fishing on the BOQ. Now I would be happy to reveal my magic spot to anyone who should ask, but i don't wanna go out there and have to stand elbow to elbow with everyone and their dog

I have been out three times in the last week and once before that with Ramble, I have yet to get skunked on the Bay for any brand of fish (this year). The perch fishing has been AMAZING, I will never go to simcoe looking for big perch again. Sunday my buddy Mac and his girlfriend Tasha came out with me, the fishing was slow but the ones we got were big. we only caught 17 perch but the icing on the cake that day was a beautiful 26" northern pike on perch gear. Here are a few snapshots from the day, the perch my buddy is holding up is 16 1/2 inches and probably weighed a pound and a half.

100_0510.jpg

100_0511.jpg

Monday Mac and I were back at it in the same spot we iced 30 nice perch between us, sorry no pictures it was so cold my camera wouldn't turn on lol.

Now today (wednesday) was extra special for me. My little sister had never caught a fish threw the ice, she has outfished me numerous times in the summer for bass so I was almost worried lol. Honestly I would rather see her catch a fish than catch one myself, so we headed out at around 11 this morning and we had lines wet by 11:30. We drilled a couple of wholes and didn't even have a bite for 20 minutes so I decided to move to our wholes from monday, we had about 10 wholes from monday so I spuded them out and got started. I got a bite so I called her over and between us we iced 8 within 5 minutes. The fishing was steady all day and anytime I asked her if she wanted to go in she smiled and said "umm NO", so she stuck it out like a trooper till 6:30 pm and we came home with 49 nice perch with 2 stolen by the resident gull, and about 20 released. An awesome day on the water and another person "like us" who cant get enough fishing. I jump at any chance to get a young person involved in our wonderful sport, and I think I have created a monster she wants to go again tomorrow. If the weather permits we are going as a whole family, details to follow. Here are a couple of photos of lil sis with her catches of the day and our double sink full of perch.

100_0514.jpg

100_0513.jpg

100_0519.jpg

100_0518.jpg

Thank you all for all of your reports I ejoy them thuroughly, I plan on reporting much more frequently now that I have determined how to do it properly. If I have any requests for it I will also report on my past and upcoming guiding seasons out west.

Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him and give him an escape from his wife for a lifetime.

Hillbilly

Good deal Jeff. Being too busy fishing to post a report is a problem many of us would like to have. Glad to see you took a break and put this report up. I can almost smell that fish cookin' now. Remember to take another break and post another one.

Edited by Rich Clemens

Now I would be happy to reveal my magic spot to anyone who should ask, but i don't wanna go out there and have to stand elbow to elbow with everyone and their dog

I don't bring my dog fishing so can you tell me? LOL. I'm only kidding, I rarely ice fish...

Great intro report and pics! Welcome to the board...hope you enjoy your stay!