Snowmobile + soft water = ? *video*

BillM

Them Polaris sleds they all came with Jesus boots,took my Dad across an open section a few winters back riding the bay home from Kilarney, thought he was gonna kill me when we got back to land but he still brings it up now and then,great vid thanks for sharing

And don't pull the teatherl cord ..was up in Haliburton and my buddie was crossing water and desided to wave to all of us as he was going buy forgetting his teather cord was on his waving hand ..lets just say the sled sunk in 40 fow ..lol..

How fast would they have to be going?

That is CRAZY

it depends on the stretch of water sometimes ,when its only 100-150 ft we can roll right up to it get the skis wet and then come on to it ,Polaris of course is by far the best swimmers always have been,if your going 50 mph and hit or head for water you are NOT going down,its the panic people get when they see it and try to stop they would be better off crossing it and making way to better ice or shore,the snowmobile will actualy pick up speed on water

That is awesome I understand how some people think its stupid but you have to remember these guys are not doing this for the first time they are experienced in how their machines work and how to keep it from boggin down. Plus at that speed you could go for miles.

Have done that. Only in a shallow bay though. Was a few years ago. Not much different than powder snow. I think I was on a MXZ 600 at the time. Really don't need a special track, although I hear the powder tracks work very well. Keep the power to it and away you go. YAHOOOOOOO .

We use to run open water back in the late 60's early 70's when going ice fishing in the spring on machines with a lot less power than those things have. Mind you we only ran short stretches, 40-50'. We were running old Artic Cats, Snow Crusers, SkiDoos, MotoSkis, actually anything that we could get to run. As long as you keep it pinned and your weight back you'd be amazed, you can even make gradual turns. So many lives would be saved every year if the people that do go through the ice just knew what to do.

I'd like to know the name of the band playing the background music. :thumbsup_anim: Sounds like Chris Cornell (Soundgarden, Audioslave) singing......does anyone know???

There was another vid there from the same guy that had the name of the band on there......they are called FLUD (appropriately so :lol: )

Amazing vid! Thanks for posting it. I was trying to see what the speedo said but the resolution and video window was too small. Pretty amazing though, and those guys have cojones the size of Texas :w00t:

Bill

Three years in a row they do this on GB on April Fools Day.....check out aprilfoolsonline.com and you will see....one of the weber boys....if you get a chance to watch one of the full length videos, you can see via the headcam that at one point they are travelling 127 mph :o