Greencoachdog

Vodka, Spicy Calmato, A tall glass..

Take the glass and dip it in Lime juice or water (Just the rim)

Put some celery salt on a small plate...

Wriggle the rim of the now wet glass in the Celery salt.

add ice,

Add Vodka

Add Clamato and a bit of tabasco if you like.. I also like a bit of worchestershire sauce in mine.

Add a celery spike and your done!

Enjoy.

G

3-4 ice cubes, 1-2 ounces of Vodka, 3-4 dashes of Worchester, 3-4 dashes Tobasco, couple teaspoons of pickle juice, add Clamato juice to top, stir then float celery salt on top

Some like a spoonful of horseradish if you like the stuff!

(sorry about the spelling, trying to get this to you as fast as possible :P )

Didn't have lime juice, so I used pickle juice to stick the celery salt to the rim of the glass.

Didn't have Clamato juice or tomato juice, so I used canned tomatoe paste mixed with water and a teaspoon of canned tuna fish juice... not bad!!!

You ain't right son.

Joe

Didn't have lime juice, so I used pickle juice to stick the celery salt to the rim of the glass.

Didn't have Clamato juice or tomato juice, so I used canned tomatoe paste mixed with water and a teaspoon of canned tuna fish juice... not bad!!!

Thank God you're going to the Dentist and not the proctologist !

:blink:

Oh dear, Glen. That sounds just awful. You need a lot more practice swillin' with the Northern contingent. And a domestic supply of Motts' Spicy Clamato.

I like some lime juice in mine, salt and pepper on the top as well as the celery salt on the rim. I also like a hot sauce with a little garlic in it, rather than the tabasco sauce, although the tb sauce will do. Lee and Perrins Worcestershire is the only choice for that component.

Like any beautiful dish, it's all about the balance between hot and sweet, salt and sour. It just takes practice. I like Jerk (Walker's Wood outa Kingston JA) so maybe that might be a good substitute for the hot sauce.

There are many types of pickles, from bread and butter to dill to full-sour dill to sweet mix to hot mix to calabrese giardiniera. Whatchoo talkin bout?

I wonder if pickled herring juice might work.

Edited by douG

In my circle a Ceasar is not complete without the dill pickle. Slice it in half lengthwise but not all the way through...a cloths peg effect. Clip it over the edge of the glass. Goes perfect with a Ceasar. Dip...suck...chew...oh it's heaven.Forget about the celery...the pickle's the thing. Betcha can't have just one.

Edited by crappieperchhunter

Tell me about your pickles - Strubb's Full Sours? Or just Bick's or Klassen's?

Inquiring Caesar fans need to know.

Strubb's just haven't been the same since they moved out of the rat infested hovel in Dundas douG. Now they use, would you believe plastic, barrels! My pickle of choice is now Moishes, of good 'ol Montreal fame...

Glen, you need to come north more often Bud. You ain't Canadian yet...........