Bad Weather Out There

Tdel

I just heard the same thing a few minutes ago on the weather network Tom.

He was saying the whiteouts up in your area could be as bad today as the ones a couple weeks back that caused all those terrible accidents.

Sounds like a good day to avoid the 400

It looked like it was going to quiet down after I posted. The snow slowed down and the wind died out. Didn't take long to for it to start up again. Seems to have it's ups and downs.

Lew the amount of snow today is suppose to be around 6 inches which would be a piece cake to handle up here. The snowfall we had over the weekend, a couple of weeks ago was about 3.5 ft here. You definitely don't want to be on any highway when the winds are high and it is snowing. It is a deadly combination for sure.

Tom.

Just got back from a run to Tim Hortons; roads up here are a mess. Hwy 36 is a sheet of ice and drifts are starting to build in several areas. Just heard on the radio that Hwy. 115/35 is not in very good shape because of blowing snow.

Snug Harbour Rd. already has drifts about 2.5' deep almost all the way across the road and building fast, an other hour of this wind and the road will be blocked. It doesn't help that the City of Kawartha Lakes Municipal Services are on strike so we have very limited salt/sanding and snow ploughing.

If you don't have to go out, don't!

As outlaw said "good day for the fireplace and a movie".

Faster to make your own pot of coffee isn't it Cliff? and tastier??? :P . It's blowing up here but I can still see my neighbors so it's not horrible ;) I'll be heading out later to get some groceries, and I expect I'll be heading to Elmvale to pick up my cousin from his weekend at Collingwood. Trick is to turn on the fog lights (when it's dark) and take your time.

Maureen

It was snowing and blowing to beat the band just a while ago but only a few flurries now...

Was that the new Tim Horton's below the Super Jail on hwy 36 you were at Cliff?

You and I don't need any do-nuts my friend...got a bit of a shock when I stood on the scale yesterday... :(

Oh right...it's for the company... :whistling:

Edited by Beans

You country folks should stop worrying about winter and just do what we do here in Toronto everytime it snows, and call in the Army.

We had a big storm last week with a foot of snow and it was a real mess for awhile, but we put out the call for help seeing as we have no snowplows here in Toronto and the soldiers came & took it all away for us and now its just like summer here. The grass is green, there's buds on the trees, the flowers are popping up and I even had 3 robins in the back yard feeding on worms an hour ago.

And you guys thought us city folks were dumb :canadian:

Lew if we called in the Army, us country folks would have to go clear the road so they could get in to help us LOL. It's pretty bad out there, sun is shining but it's blowing and drifting so bad that at times you can't see two car lengths. I was out on my ATV and hit some drifts that were hard to get through even in 4WD.

Moe; the trip to Tim's was just an excuse to drive out and see how bad it was. It's gotten a lot worse since then, I just spent three hours out with a buddy on our ATV's we both ended up getting stuck and had to winch ourselves out. we found places where the drifts were easily three' deep.

Well be prepared for a nail bitter drive Craig... squall line is heavy right from the Bay inland past Huntsville. I've been watching the radar all day as the Daughter's off, in a couple minutes, to TO in this...... as can't miss a Dr. appointment at 9am at St. Mike's.

I dodn't know, it looks okay to me...

Yuma Weather

Current conditions as of 11:51 am MST

Fair

Feels Like: 78°

Barometer: 30.11 in and falling

Humidity: 19%

Visibility: 10 mi

Dewpoint: 32°

Wind: NNE 10 mph

Sunrise: 7:26 am

Sunset: 6:19 pm

78°High: 84° Low: 52°

» Detailed Forecast

» Records & Averages

» Get Yahoo! Weather on your desktop

Road Closures

Please press the Refresh or Reload button at the top of your screen to see the most recent updates.

Road closures and unscheduled events for provincial highways

Last updated: February 10, 2008 at 2:40 p.m.

Highway Area Reason for closure

4 Southwest is closed in both directions from Arva to Exeter due to poor weather conditions.

6 Southwest is closed in both directions from Tobermory to Springmount due to poor weather conditions.

6 Southwest is closed in both directions from Chatsworth to Mount Forest due to poor weather conditions.

6/10 Southwest is closed in both directions from Owen Sound to Chatsworth due to poor weather conditions.

6 Southwest is closed between Fergus and Mount Forest due to poor weather conditions.

7 Southwest is closed in both directions from Stratford to St Marys due to poor weather conditions

8 Southwest is closed in both direction from Stratford to Mitchell due to poor weather conditions.

9 Southwest is closed in both directions from Kincardine to Walkerton due to poor weather conditions.

9 Southwest is closed in both direction from Clifford to Harriston due to poor weather conditions.

21 Southwest is closed in both directions from Amberley to Springmount due to poor weather conditions.

21 Southwest is closed in both directions from Goderich to Amberley due to poor weather conditions.

23 Southwest is closed in both directions from Elginfield to Mitchell due to poor weather conditions.

23 Southwest is closed in both directions from Mitchell to Harriston due to poor weather conditions.

26 Southwest is closed in both directions from Owen Sound to Craighleith due to poor weather conditions.

89 Southwest is closed in both directions between Shelburne and Mount Forest due to poor weather conditions

10 Dundalk is closed in both directions south of Dundalk at Grey Road 9 due to a motor vehicle collision.

17 Sault Ste Marie is closed east and westbound from Sault Ste Marie at Highway 548 due to poor weather conditions.

11 Huntsville is closed southbound 1 kilometre north of the south entrance to Cedar lane due to a motor vehicle collision.

17 Marathon is closed westbound, 0.3 kilometres West of Neys park at top of Little Pic River Hill due to a motor vehicle collision.

I made it to Collingwood and back safely, but others apparently didn't. The 400 was closed southbound for a bit due to an accident, 27 was closed just south of Elmvale due to serious multicar accident. Visibility was iffy at times, and downright nil at others.

Wayne I hope your daughter makes it back ok...might have been safer to leave early tomorrow morning instead.

Maureen

She had no issues... she grew up in this mess and I taught her how to drive with the gas pedal..not the brake pedal! :D 93 was apparently bad.. but she said dispite the fools with their "hit me.. hit me.." four ways going on the 400 it was pretty clear sailing from Barrie to the City... with the odd good gust.