Noticed Prices dropping at LeBarons

Fang

Dropped by on Saturday and noticed a number of lures/brands that have dropped a lot in $. Now Mepps spinners are almost same $ as Blue Fox. The most expensive spoon on the wall was Lucky Strike (almost)

Chatted with an old freind behind the counter and there's a bunch of stuff with lower pricing this year.

For the muskie

New 10" Storm hard bait this year looks really nice

http://www.stormlures.com/products/luresde...type=hard_lures

Guest lundboy

I have noticed too. Quite refreshing. I was just at BP 3 days ago, and most hard baits are still in the $7-$10 ranges. Package of Power Bait still up around $7.

LB's prices are considerably better... especially if you have a membership card.

It is getting harder to justify shopping at BP anymore. Their racks are constantly out of stock, and prices are out of whack. I've also noticed that BP is getting the "super market syndrome", where the latest and greatest items take a long time to make their way onto the store shelves, or they carry the mainstream stuff only.

I guess they are the "Home Depot" of outdoor stuff.

If you factor in the costs for rent, wages of a huge amount of staff, insurance, utilities, advertising and taxes... BP has to charge higher prices. BP is convenient to me because I drive by it twice a day. I am just more often to drive over to LB these days though because it's only 10 mins from work.

Edited by lundboy

Personally, I love LB because of the personal service. It has more of a hometown feel. You get to know the guys, you can sit and chat for a bit, they know your name, etc... However, there is only one thing; their selection isn't as vast as BPS. In saying that, I am willing to wait for their shipment if it is not an emergency.

last year i was BP and noticed that the boating safety kit,

(the all in one kit in the bright orange container )

was $24.99

i informed the manager that the same kit was $11.99 at ctc

and $9.99 at walmart.

i was told that head office sets the prices and she would let them know.

guess what?

there still $24.99.

since then i shop at lebarons!

dann

Great news on the lowered prices at LeBarons. I certainly prefer shopping there over the larger selection and convenience of BPS. Better prices, friendly staff (some of them) and a home town feel as others have said.

Now where did I put my spring shopping list :lol:

Fishing World has also been lowering alot of their prices on the new shipments. The new Shimano reels are alot lower and with the rebates on them are the best deal going. They have also reduced the electronics and alot of different lures as well.

Good damage control... and an even better plug to go with it.

I am surprised!

So many good responses to LB. I can remember a couple of years ago when BPS was opening up. So many were chastising LB for arrogance and poor service.

I go through more than a few Mepps in a year, there is a particular pattern I like and the only shops with it are BPS and LB. Both stores are cheaper than CT or Walmart on the same spinners and they don't have the colour and pattern I want anyway. (BTW, FW doesn't stock the ones I want either)

Guess a couple of years of U.S competition has made them pull up their socks? :whistling:

I understand they sponsor this site. Generally its not considered a "plug" if the company in question is a paying contributor. Just an FYI

A plug is a plug... I never said there was anything wrong with it, but thank you for making me aware of that... honestly, I didn't know haha. You can thank me for allowing you to make your 7th post... well on your way to a record post count dude.

I Think that lebarons,is really fairly priced,and in lots of cases amazing prices,im out here in durham region,and for what we pay for things here compared to the 45min drive to lebarons is always worth the drive,when i know that im being gouged by at least 4-5 dollars on a lure,when i see the price it is at lebarons i will do the drive anytime,the retailers out here think that people wont go that far to save a few bucks well they are wrong....i do support my local stores but man thats one thing if you have lots of money,well i dont and when they wont match what i can get elsewhere,my decision is easy.i do find some prices at bps high,and some is ok,but sometimes its hard to find some things anywhere else its a catch 22,if you know what i mean....

A plug is a plug... I never said there was anything wrong with it, but thank you for making me aware of that... honestly, I didn't know haha. You can thank me for allowing you to make your 7th post... well on your way to a record post count dude.

Well, now that you mention it, I never thought of it like that. Thanks, your very kind!

Blake, you always mention Fishing World. I haven't been there yet, because it's fairly far away from me, and I worry that all these deals you mention are for only a few select items (such as Shimano reels). Do you know how their prices compare in general to Le Baron's? I'm talking about the everyday things like lures and line. I have yet to find a place that is generally cheaper than LB's, and I am still searching for the cheapest store. BPS is good to browse while taking the woman shopping at the mall, but I rarely spend money there.

Thats funny. Usually I end up looking for the wife in the Mall. Seems she finds better Deals. But I like BPS for some unique Items. Like the Rod holder stand that I bought and the cool container for the worms I bought at a good deal. Oh I also bought a Bass Pro Micro Lite Reel, but mostly browsed as I really didnt find any big bargains.

Funny how stuff changes, when BPRO came we thought it would be the end of LB's and JB's etc..

I think these store's survive on Good priceing, Service and looking out for the customer.

LB's needed a shake up and I think they heard the call loud and have come out strong,. I go to BPRO when I need the basics but more than once I can say I went there only to be disappionted.

BPRO is needed to keep the little guys honest and the little guys are needed to keep BPRO watching their back.

Shows the customer can make a differece

LB's needed a shake up and I think they heard the call loud and have come out strong,.

Your absolutely right Paul and it seems as if LeB's has indeed improved on their customer service, at least from the recent reports, but it's too bad it didn't happen until they started getting some very serious competition from BPS, and then losing alot of their customers to the new kid on the block.

For a long time LeB's was the only store in the GTA that carried a huge selection of top quality gear covering so many aspects of the outdoors, and it seemed like their attitude was that they didn't care what folks thought of them, because everyone still kept shopping there.

As soon as BPS showed up and customers started switching over to them, the attitude at LeB's changed and suddenly now everyone is saying how good they've become.......me included.

Interesting stuff

Lebaron: Great pricing but i'm a bit jaded by poor customer service in the past. It'd also be a lot easier to go more often if they carried Lucky Craft, Gary Yamamoto, and some more higher end rods (St.Croix, Daiwa Steez/L&T, etc).

BPro: Prices could be better but really, I can't complain about a fishing store that's open til 10pm Monday to Saturday. Good place to get a "fix" from cabon fever.

JB's: My fav place overall. They carry a lot of quality stuff and it's usually competitively priced. Oddly don't seem to go by that often.

Angling Specialties: Steelheading gear.

***p.s: what's the shimano rebate???