Winter?

Bob

Here we are just a few days from the official start of winter and when I let the dog out this morning, I see a dew worm on the patio. Now, it's been mild for this time of year but this is ridiculous! This is supposed to be The Great White North, with it's 8 month winter and 4 months of poor sleddin' ya know?

What's the latest on El Nino anyway? Last I heard, there was one building up but they were speculating that it wouldn't get very strong. Seems like maybe they goofed again with the forecast? I'm not knocking it myself, you don't have to shovel rain.

Not to long ago we were talking about bargains on snowblowers.This global warming thing is scary.We are less than one month away from the simcoe get together .Percher do we have a back up plan maybe Northbay.Timmins hell maybe Thunderbay.Soon hockey will be the most popular thread.Well I know alot of guys are enjoying this but I need snow.If the kids continue playing indoors there going to drive me nutz with that helicopter flying game.now there catching fish with the survival fishin game.If they go outside and play in the yard there is so much mud that we might submit a Tide commercial.Give me a break kids need to get outside and Play.Need snow need Ice.Need a frozen hockey rink.

:lol: Mike the Pike :worthy::worthy::dunno::worthy:

Mike The Pike

If you need a place to ice fish come to Hearst . 8 inches of ice right now with a little snow. Calling for cold weather with no snow in sight. Been out all last week ! All different species, tons of stocked lakes, close to town.Come see the great white north, maybe get all the advid hard water guys to come for a swill !!!!!!

Was it 1998 when Toronto and area got so much snow that mayor Mel Lastman called in the army to assist? It took them over a month to clear all the sidestreets!

I was there. The army troops complained about having to shovel snow.

Said they could be warm and cozy back on the base with. Don't blame them.

The City of Toronto snow clearing crews did the vast majority of the work.

Working long shifts, even on their off days. Crews were working 24/7.

The army pushed a few cars out of the snow

and got credit for cleaning the entire city.

Really ticked off the city workers, but not much could be done about it.

"MAYOR MEL CALLS IN THE ARMY TO SAVE THE CITY !"

sells more papers than:

"CITY WORKERS GET THE JOB DONE !"

:(

Long range has changed a little for Simcoe. Now the 31'st and New Years are calling for below freezing, but only slightly and yes snow

Much as I like ice fishing I hate to shovel. On the other hand all those years I spent in Texas not having to shovel was balanced off by the 100F+ July's and August's. So we get what we get, just relax and be happy about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Well i love the warm temps as much as everyone else. But it is scarey.

Gonna post this link to a new video that has been brought out. I am sure some of you have probably heard about it on the news. Personally it scares the hell out of me especially as they are now saying that in as little as 40 yrs now if nothing is done all the ice caps will be gone. As well as alot of cities under water. Not something to be taken lightly at all.

It really is a serious issue Mother nature is fighting back and we do not stand a cat in hells chance if things do not change NOW!

http://www.climatecrisis.net/trailer/

Edited by nautifish