Ice Fishing? Blah

BabyHerc

Baby,

Just try it!

Dress for it and you'll find the patience, anticipation and reward are bizarrely addictive!

Standing on 6-20" thick H20 over 20-100+ deep water and catching something can be rewarding.

(muskystudd feel free to censor this!)

Done :P

Love the hardwater !! Do most of my trout fishing during the winter , nothing like pulling trout through the ice. If I didn't ice fish the winter would be to long, and I would go crazy !!!!!! Try it once with the right gear and I'm sure you'll get hooked !! ( Get it, hooked !! I tried )

Staring at a 6" hole in the ice all day is sorta like........ hmmmmmmm :dunno:

oh ya..........bowling <_<:sleeping_02:

Hey...I bowl on Friday nights...but we've had about enough of it as well.

As for ice fishing...I've been twice now, for three days in total drilling holes. Maybe this winter the lads will convert me for good...but I've got a strong feeling if I'm gonna be out in the cold I'd rather be skiing.

Just curious how many of us don't fish through ice? I never have, it just doesn't interest me. I spend my winters paintballing. Anybody else?

I have this woman, once told me she doesn't like shrimp. Had never tried them and they just didn't interest her. She preferred goose.

I made her eat a few garlic shrimp off the BBQ, even dipped it in the seafood sauce. And now, she'd have me cooking them every week if she had her way.

Didn't think ice fishing interested me either.... until this started happening in my second year....

reel4.jpg

Now I find ice fishing quite interesting. B)

There's just something about ice fishing, the excitment of waiting to see what you've caught and if it will fit through the hole, watching the rod go boingy, boingy, its addictive. And if you're keeping any for dinner, no worries about a live well :lol::thumbsup_anim: You've got to try it.

Joey

I've met the friendliest people of my life while ice fishing. Has a way of levelling the playing field for all.

Also have caught all my PB walleyes ice fishing, 16 lber on Simcoe numerous 10 lb + fish on Quinte.

Don't do it too much but like the ice fishing.

Herc you need to get someone to take you out for successful perch on Simcoe or walleye from Quinte,

through the ice and you'll dig it for sure. :thumbsup_anim:

cheers,

ehg

I live for icefishing.All I want for Christmas is ice.I use to just tolerate icefishing but then I got all the toys and boom it is my favorite passtime.I have 3 huts,a 10x6 hut with a woodstove,a home made 4x8 fold down and a frabill portable.All have thier advantages and uses.I have a underwater camera , vexlar flasher , and lots of ice gear.The toys make the experince.Living on the BoQ and pulling 12 pound plus walleyes out of the ice helps to.

ya herc like egh says try it once with someone who can make it a fun time with in a heated hut ,and you will be hooked,or better yet go with a ice-rental,and they take you out ,give you bait and bring you back, :Gonefishing: all you have to do is turn the heat on inside the ice hut ,you dont even have to drill your own holes :thumbsup_anim: i take my girl who hates the cold and she loved it once i convinced her to go,so give it a try and you wont be dissapointed.... :santa: