Year end question

HTHM

We've had a lot of excellent posts on this board in the past year and I'd have a problem narrowing it down to a single one, but my vote would go to the entire collection of posts from Moosebunk rolled into one.

The man lives in a part of the country that most of us will never see and can only imagine visiting, and reading his tales, along with the incredible photographs is like watching an episode of National Geographic.

I've said it before Moose, your collections of writings & photography skills would make a book that many people would pay $$$$ for.....you've got a definate talent for that sorta thing !! :thumbsup_anim:

THIS ONE FOR SURE FOR ME #1 :thumbsup_anim:

QUOTE(Jen @ Nov 29 2007, 01:43 PM)

We all have passions, things that fill our soul and drive our bodies.

There are days when others would stay home in front of a warm fire and we venture out no matter what the weatherman says, we are adventurers.

We have confidence found in skill, drive, need, and desire to be one with the outdoors.

These are the things that make us human.

Fault aside, our judgement is not always based on safety or forthought, it is based on feeling.

Serge was doing what he loved, what filled his heart and sated his desires... for that I admire him...

For his family and friends I am sad.

May his memory make you smile, his drive give you inspiration and his spirit stay with you always.

Condolences and my heart felt sympathies...

Jen

AND RIGHT UP THERE ANYTHING BY MOOSEBUNK :worthy:

Edited by BITEME

I think I'd have to go with Jen's post as well.

She managed to put in words what I think many of us feel!!!

Other members whose many fishing reports I always enjoy reading....and I thank them for taking the time to post...

Mike the Pike

Greencoachdog

Solopaddler

Moosebunk

Slowpoke

CANADIANCOPPER

Snag

Fatherof3

Misfish

Fishndevil

steverowbotham

I'm sure I'm forgetting people...so I apologize!!! I'll probably add more to this list as the day goes on...LOL.

Edited by ccmtcanada

Tough to say as there's so many posts but without doing a whole lot of re-reading I'd have to go with the Moosebunk posts and all the sturgeon posts as well. They just blew me away (the picture of the sturgeon launching in the air absolutely dropped my jaw to the floor)

Mine is the thread about the injury and the great recovery and support we gave to Chuck and Shelly.OOPS that was o6 .Still my fav.

Well there is that other one with me and my partner, finishing 4 spots behind David Chong on Muskoka.LOL

Edited by misfish

And I forgot to give props to Cliff and Bly - they may not have been the most exotic posts like the sturgeon and norhtern lands but their infectious love of the sport always came through in their posts. Misfish and Jen have great points too - the non fishing posts are often the most memorable especially when they show how this wonderful community can come together to help each other out.

I wasn't going to mention it, but now maybe I will, and that was the post last May when my brother & OFNer, Eddyk died.

I reported it here and there were nearly 200 replies, plus countless PM's and every one seemed to be truly sincere in offereing condolances to me & my family and that helped imeasurably in a very stressful time. That was then followed up by some members throwing in some money and having a painting done of Ed and I...see my signature for those that are new to this forum.

It showed what this board is REALLY all about and that fishing is actually in 2nd place.

We've got a great group here !!

So so many good posts , Jens first deer , snags island adventures , Bly and cc showing what new comers to the sport can do from shore and now they are boaters , anything from LEW , Moosebunk wish I could join ya , Terry finds a way to get me to spit coffee out my nose at least once a week , TJ,s camp jijey jijjey posts with his wife and children , The muskies in simcoe thread , so so many good ones, misfish , the fishing fury guys , tbayboy , Cory , Gerritt"s danceing guy , Joey allways with a kind word ,every time I think of a BEST I remember another ....

If I had to choise one it would be Jens that others have mentioned as it sums up what and why we do what we do . EVERYONE keep the reports, retorts and storys of life coming . A VERY HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL .

B

As far as general posts go... I always enjoy the heated discussions most. They're always passionate, often funny, and probably the most educational. (wether learning about the topic itself or the people who post)

Posters here on the board... there are a good many that I like to learn from so I often read whatever they're saying when they're saying it.

Reports though, they are what fuels the engine. Everything else is opinion based... but reports tell the most honest story. There is little room for attitude; it is really only the angler and thier story. And Bull is often callled out if there is any doubt in the truth.

Personally, there is a large core group of people here who's reports I try not to miss. Young (ie; Ramble) or old (ie; Lew) :whistling: , varying in experience, I have come to enjoy what they offer when they do offer it.

People who put up simply word reports often get overlooked. Being visual first I want to see pics... but, that said, I'll often read the first little bit and if I'm not captured by that and there are no pics, the post is doomed.

I know there were alot more posts from this year that I thoroughly enjoyed... ie: the Hobbits and others (and there are a number of members here that are members elsewhere whose reports always well done) ... but here's 5 solid OFC picks that came quick to mind just this morning.

Mike's first, for me, has still been his best. Too bad the pics aren't there to see now, but, after I read this and got a little more info from him, I sat down for like 3-4 hours and retraced on my mapping program at home his entire route. The whole time imagining what it must have been like. So far this year it was the report that took me on the greatest adventure.

http://www.ofncommunity.com/forums/index.p...hl=albany+river

A little more of a personal connection here. A great story and pictorial. Something entire off of the norm was Chris's account of his bro-in-laws first meeting with his biological family.

http://www.ofncommunity.com/forums/index.p...amp;hl=kesagami

I love Kesagami. The lodge and lake are amazing. It was great to see it through TJ's eyes, and enjoyable reading about how much he too appreciated the experience Kesagami has to offer.

http://www.ofncommunity.com/forums/index.p...amp;hl=kesagami

Past years I have looked forward to Dan's annual spring/summer trip reports. Gardiner Air with his father previous was a great recollection of quality time with his father. 2007's trip up to Vermillion and the report that followed did kind of suck though... I'm sure he'll admit. ;) He and good fella Wayne didn't dissapoint later on this year on their muskie adventure with Marc.

http://www.ofncommunity.com/forums/index.p...hl=muskie+wayne

Dan really couldn't go wrong ever. If his annual august report consisted of just one pic of Nipigon brookie and this emoticon here :P I'd still vote it as one of my faves. I looked forward to it this past summer and he even surprised with a little spring teaser. Besides some places in Ontario's very remote fly-in North, there are few places in the province that call out to you like Nipigon.

http://www.ofncommunity.com/forums/index.p...&hl=nipigon

If I searched Lew and muskie I still wouldn't find this small report he did where he kind of staked out this fish for a few outings and then finally got it I think on some foggy morning. I liked that.

In 2008 I hope to see young fella Ramble On throw up some great pike stuff. Dave's got the knack with both camera and word, and I firmly believe with his quick wit too he could keep many entertained.

That's all I got. Keep the great reports coming. People appreciate them.

Awww shucks :blush:

Thanks guys, you're just the best and I mean that.

I try to look at the positives in life, it makes things easier, and this board has had a very positive effect on my life I can tell you that, from the laughs each day to the very good friendships made over the years.

I'm trying to think of my favorite post and so many different ones keep coming to mind, but I can't say which one is my favorite. I like so many of them I'll just have to leave it at that.

I'm digging the leather outfit btw, that's just too funny :lol:

Joey

the post last May when my brother & OFNer, Eddyk died.

I reported it here and there were nearly 200 replies, plus countless PM's and every one seemed to be truly sincere in offereing condolances to me & my family and that helped imeasurably in a very stressful time. That was then followed up by some members throwing in some money and having a painting done of Ed and I...see my signature for those that are new to this forum.

A good reminder for me too Lew.

my favourite posts was one of the ones by johnnybass, either the Lower Buckhorn or the Lake Simcoe one. Both of those posts motivated me to try and fish those areas.

Moosebunks post with those huge Sturgeon was also very good.