25cm Snow Storm is coming to Southern Ontario!

Guest Fishing For Life

Guest Fishing For Life

Hi guys,

just a headsup that 25cm snow is coming to Hamilton & Toronto Area ...

Damn it, I was planning to go fishing @ Niagara Region this weekend ...

Who else is crazy enough to go!

Yep...here's the weather watch from Environment Canada....no driving for me Saturday night/Sunday!

Stay safe!

===================================================================

..Major winter storm approaching Saturday..

This is an alert to the potential development of dangerous winter weather conditions in these regions. Monitor weather conditions..Listen for updated statements.

A major winter storm will develop in Texas later today and make its way north towards southwestern Ontario Saturday afternoon. Significant snowfall accumulations over the regions are likely Saturday night through Sunday. It is possible winter storm warnings will be issued for some regions due to snowfall accumulations of 25 centimetres in less than 24 hours. There will also be significant blowing snow and possibly freezing rain over the regions.

The snow will spread northward over most of southern Ontario Saturday night and through Sunday morning. This will make travel on the roads extremely hazardous and travel should be postponed or alternate travel arrangements should be considered.

The winter storm watch may be extended northward and eastward once the exact track of the storm and the extent of the snowfall is determined.

Guest Fishing For Life

So .... should I go fishing in Niagara Region on Sunday?

due to GF issues, I could not make it on Saturday ..

you know what? maybe this is a good thing since it wont be crowded!

Toronto will be spared... Windsor to Hamilton though is a completely different story according to the news..

G

Toronto is now included in the weather watch (added at 10:33am)...as well as most of Southern Ontario. It's gonna be a messy weekend.

Check here for updates....

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/warnings/son_e.html

psht, how many times have they said this and then nothing happened? Even their idea of a "bad" storm isn't that bad...sheesh. If it comes, it will come and likely won't be as bad as they are saying..heck, they'll likely change their minds 4-5 , more times...won't know for sure until Sunday morning...no matter what, my plans won't change ;)

Maureen

Edited by motv8tr

psht, how many times have they said this and then nothing happened? Even their idea of a "bad" storm isn't that bad...sheesh. If it comes, it will come and likely won't be as bad as they are saying..heck, they'll likely change their minds 4-5 , more times...won't know for sure until Sunday morning...no matter what, my plans won't change ;)

Maureen

Get the dogs hooked up to the dogsled moe! the world is coming to an end! LOL

Maureen

I notice it is not usually as bad as they predicted, or it's a lot worst then they predicted(this is years of snowremovle experience) I hope it's 5cm of lightstuff. 25 cm is army calling kinda of snow fall.

Guest Fishing For Life

Hi there,

just curious about one thing

how do you guys meet up in real life?

I have got so much information from this board and havent

had a chance to actually meet you guys in person ...

lets say i am going Queenston ..

how do i know who is who? should I have a book in my hand?

Cheets!

Hi there,

just curious about one thing

how do you guys meet up in real life?

I have got so much information from this board and havent

had a chance to actually meet you guys in person ...

lets say i am going Queenston ..

how do i know who is who? should I have a book in my hand?

Cheets!

I usually wear this hat when I'm fishing with others from this board.....

cliffmuskie.jpg

I will usually meet up with the other person at a pre-determined time and location...do some introductions and then head off to fish. I'll tell them what kind of car I drive etc...

Good luck!

you're not wearing a hat in that picture Cliff, come to think of it you're being held by a guy I saw once at one of the fishing shows... ;) Believe me it can be tough, everyone is less pleasant looking in real life ;) thats what I noticed with the guys at the BOQ G2G anyway... Pixels really help hide hideousness ;)

you're not wearing a hat in that picture Cliff, come to think of it you're being held by a guy I saw once at one of the fishing shows... ;) Believe me it can be tough, everyone is less pleasant looking in real life ;) thats what I noticed with the guys at the BOQ G2G anyway... Pixels really help hide hideousness ;)

... said the boy known as Pixel Parker! :asshat:

25 cm`s thats pretty close to Canadian Forces time for you city slickers.

With all the people I see driving in the GTA without winter tires and worn out summer tires It will in no doubt be an adventure.

If you have to drive have a care and say a prayer to those that are too cheap to buy some snow tires.