25cm Snow Storm is coming to Southern Ontario!

Guest Fishing For Life

They've already put up winter storm warnings for us here in south-central PA. Not sure how much of the white stuff we are to get ... depends on which weather station you listen to. Snow and sleet. Looks like a mixed bag for us. Up-state New York and New Englad, I believe, are looking for about 1 foot of snow. Looks like a pretty big storm and covering a wide area.

latest update (snowfall)

gallery_186_32_9429.jpg

Saturday Storm Snowfall Update (from accuweather blog)

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Major snowstorm in the works from southern Ontario through southern Quebec and into northern New Brunswick. The expected track of this storm puts much of the region in a very favorable area for widespread heavy snow. Increasing northeast winds will cause moderate to heavy drifting through Sunday night. This will probably be one of the heaviest snowstorms in quite some time for parts of southwestern and eastern Ontario. Here are the new updated snowfall accumulations going up through Quebec. If anything, these updated forecasts for the London to Toronto to Ottawa region may still be not enough, but I want to see the next model run this afternoon. I will update areas farther east and northeast later today........

Windsor, Ont.......15-25 cm Saturday night into Sunday morning

London, Ont.....15-25 cm Saturday night into Sunday am

St. Catharines, Ont....30-40 cm Saturday night into Sunday, major blowing and drifting issues as well

Hamilton, Ont........26-36 cm Saturday night into Sunday, major blowing and drifting.

Kitchener, Ont......15-27 cm Saturday night into Sunday

Toronto, Ont....23-35 cm Saturday night into Sunday

Port Elgin, Ont......12-18 cm Saturday night into Sunday

Barrie, Ont.....16-28 cm Saturday night into Sunday

Bracebridge, Ont......14-24 cm Saturday night into Sunday

Peterborough, Ont...24-35 cm Saturday night and Sunday

Kingston, Ont....25-35 cm Saturday night and Sunday

Ottawa, Ont.....20-30 cm late Saturday night into Sunday evening

Cornwall, Ont......30-45 cm late Saturday night into Sunday evening

Montreal, Que.....28-40 cm Sunday and Sunday night

Cowansville, Que...30-45 cm Sunday and Sunday night

Sherbrooke, Que.....24-32 cm Sunday and Sunday night, higher elevations to the east 30-45 cm.

Thetford Mines, Que........30-40 cm Sunday into early Monday, severe drifting.

Trois-Rivieres, Que.......24-35 cm Sunday to early Monday

Quebec City, Que......22-35 cm Sunday into early Monday

Drummondville, Que......30-45 cm Sunday into early Monday

Edited by keram

I'm sort of half-assed looking forward to it...I'll get to use the new snow thrower Sandy Claws (my bro and sis-in-law) left in my garage last weekend... :santa:

They were afraid I might have a heart attack or screw up my back by shovelling snow this winter...

Earlier this week it only took me one hour to clean 5 inches off two cars, the whole driveway, open up the front of the driveway where the plow plugged it up and clear a path to the garbage box and to the propane tank out back of the garage...

BTW...25 cm divided by 5 then multiplied by 2 =10 inches... :canadian:

Is that +6*F or C...Dawg

Edited by Beans

Woo HOO!!! We're in the 30-45 range. Jumped from 15 thismorning. Love it. Time to get out the snowshoes and shovel to build forts. I mean, yucky snow what good are you...

If it's gonna be cold, might as well have the snow to go with it. I miss the big snow days from when I was a kid.

Looks like they have really cranked the amount up. Now calling for 40-55 cm by monday for Burlington-St Cats and Hamilton.

Problem is in the city there is no where to put the snow!

The new FJ will make this a fun week. If you dont have to go anywhere sit at home and enjoy a good old fashioned Canadian blizzard!

Woo HOO!!! We're in the 30-45 range. Jumped from 15 thismorning. Love it. Time to get out the snowshoes and shovel to build forts. I mean, yucky snow what good are you...

If it's gonna be cold, might as well have the snow to go with it. I miss the big snow days from when I was a kid.

LOL enough snow to build another Fort Erie!

The weather channel says we are getting 50cms now here in Montreal.

its Brutal outside I spent 2hrs clearing snow earlier today and it now looks like I have done nothing.

Living in Canada never a dull moment.I bet they don't sell many shovels in ALABANANA

:canadian:

Shovel?... what's a shovel??? :dunno:

Edited by Greencoachdog

The Gulf of Mexico moisture that is fueling that storm is our "payback" to y'all for letting that cold air creep down here!!!

Our high is only gonna be +6C tomorrow... y'all are screwin' up my fishin'!!! mad.gif

I have a feeling that Glen meant 6C. After all, he said 6C. Very unlikely to see 6 F in Alabananas, although it did dip to -27F way back in '66, so it could happen.

That would be around -33 C, the rednex musta been putting on t shirts all over the place.

Edited by douG