Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy!!

TJQ

Dave Mercers sponsoring a contest to help celebrate his fishing show premier on WFN tomorrow nite at 7pm.

This contest is open to OFC'ers ONLY and check out the three prize packs he is offering!! THREE of these so the chances to win are pretty good!! (If you are a lurker... now is a good time to register here!!!)

The winners..... all THREE wil get:

1 Fact of Fishing Shirt

1 Full 3 DVD Facts of Fishing DVD set!!

and

$200 of Dave's favourite lures - hand picked by the great one himself!!! (Dave - not me...)

So ... whats the contest???? all ya gotta do is watch the show.... and answer this skill testing question...

During the show, how many records does Dave hold??

(Those of you who went to the premier.. have to promise me to keep quiet about this... but you are eligible to enter...)

After the show... ill have a form for those who want to enter to fill in.... Dave will pick the winners at random from the correct answers!!!

What a great idea... Dave is one show host that pays attention to his fan network. I think we should support him as much as possible!! Dave.. I wish you well and good luck tomorrow nite!!

So..... Who's gonna watch??? I know I am... again.. it was hilarious the first time!!!

The show is not online yet... I dunno what Dave's plans are... I recently signed up for the wfn package... it include the wfn and the fight network.. which if you like the MMA stuff is amazing.. plus a soccer channel.. and some other stuff.. i think it was like 5 bucks a month.. i watch it quite a bit...

If Im not mistaken theres alot of places cable included that carry the wfn network...

Yeah I hear ya T.J.

Unfortunately it requires an upgrade to digital cable from my local cable company...too bad they don't have it on analogue cable, as it's almost double the price for digital...for just the 1 additional channel.

I have the PVR set. Can you give us working stiffs time to watch it before the contest closes?

-Brian

Not a problemo.. we will announce the winners the next day.. so long as you enter tomorrow nite or early morning is fine!

WFN 419 disappeared from Bell Xpress view ! At least it did on mine, after they had it free again for awhile.

It did on mine too. Before the free preview, I had called distressview to subscribe to WFN and they told me I needed to buy a piece of hardware (that they would refund me for later on. I asked why they couldnt just give it to me and told them that it sounded like a make work project for the accountants :wallbash: )....a switch or something. 419 did not show up before the preview. Then the free preview comes around and all of a sudden I can get WFN without having a switch. Now that its gone (the free preview) I dont have 419 any more ( whereas other subscription channels I dont have DO show up in the listing when I use the show all channels format). This leads me to believe that I STILL need to buy the switch, even though they can give it to me free for the preview without the switch :angry::dunno: :dunno:

It makes no sense to me but I am not going to go through the aggro so I can give them extra money per month.....I dont get it....

So I guess I wont be seeing it....and second the "no purchase nessecary" option :thumbsup_anim:

Bill

I had the free preview last fall/winter...then when it went subscription only, all summer, it was still there in the menu in Red. Then it went free again for the last month or more (thought maybe they where looking for more subscribers to cover their costs) and when I went to watch it the other day 419 was gone.

It did on mine too. Before the free preview, I had called distressview to subscribe to WFN and they told me I needed to buy a piece of hardware (that they would refund me for later on. I asked why they couldnt just give it to me and told them that it sounded like a make work project for the accountants :wallbash: )....a switch or something. 419 did not show up before the preview. Then the free preview comes around and all of a sudden I can get WFN without having a switch. Now that its gone (the free preview) I dont have 419 any more ( whereas other subscription channels I dont have DO show up in the listing when I use the show all channels format). This leads me to believe that I STILL need to buy the switch, even though they can give it to me free for the preview without the switch :angry::dunno: :dunno:

It makes no sense to me but I am not going to go through the aggro so I can give them extra money per month.....I dont get it....

So I guess I wont be seeing it....and second the "no purchase nessecary" option :thumbsup_anim:

Bill

They told me the same thing Bill, I said thanks but no thanks....a few months later, surprise surprise, it became available without me needing any additional equipment, funny how that happens. I'd call again and ask for an explanation as to how they can add it one day but not the next.

Maureen

the more channels they broadcast from Nimiq 91 the more channels they are trying to cram into a limited amount of bandwidth/transponders.. so their response?? decrease the overall bit ratio to all channels.. there by degrading picture quality.. if they put "premium channels" and HD on 82 it opens up that available bandwidth there for increasing picture quality and an overall viewing experience for everyone..

PS... you can pick up a switch at any local FTA dealer for less the 20 bucks.

Gerritt.