Took the day off work and went fishing........

DT10Sam

Hi everyone,

I had a friend drive up from Hamilton today and he stopped in to see how the business was doing. At the same time we had a few customers coming in for minnows and asking about where a good spot would be to get some walleye. After we gave them some advise my friend Dave stated that he would like me to guide him fishing if I had time to go today. Well I guess that is all it took I said that I really don't guide but I love to go fishing. I turned to Glen and let him know that I am taking the day off and then called my wife and let her know that I will not be at the store today cause I am going fishing and off we went. We hooked up the boat and off we went.

We put in at Picton harbour and headed east of the ferry. when we arrived there I noticed quite a fishing frenzy at Keith shoals with 14 boats in the area. We marked many fish and did not land any in that spot, after an hour and noticing other leaving the area we then left to fish Thompson's point and the reach.

We landed 14 fish with the largest at 12.2 lbs, 11.4lbs, 10.8lbs, 10.4lbs and many others in the 5-8 lb range. We kept 5 fish between us that were less than 4 lbs for dinner and I have to add that they were delicious. All of the walleyes were caught in 30-40 feet of water and the lucky bait today were Reef Runners and Rapala TD11's in many different colours. Yo-Zuri's were not producing today as they normally did in the past few days. I guess the walleye's wanted something different on the menu today. All of our fish were caught off of planer boards.

Dave with his first walleye hitting off of the planer board.

Eye01.jpg

Dave with his first walleye at 11.4 lbs. his personal best.

Eye02.jpg

I was next with my first of the day at 12.2 lbs.

Eye04.jpg

Dave with another nice walleye.

Eye03.jpg

My third of the day.

Eye05.jpg

A couple of keepers for the frying pan.

Eye06.jpg

It did begin to rain and we called it a day with success and the company of a good friend.

Best regards,

Sam

Edited by DT10Sam

Some beauty fish there Sam.Its nice to see a very busy guy like you could find the time to fish those big eyes.Can I ask what the lure of the day was?Might head up in a couple weekends if there is still a ramp open then.Keep those Quinte posts coming.

Dan

Hi Dan,

Reef Runner Eriedescent, Cheap Sunglasses, and Flame...........they really liked the orange one today (flame). I might get out one more time this week and then I am deer hunting next week. I like making others work while I play a bit :D :D :D.

Regards,

Sam

Edited by DT10Sam

Holly crap...a fishing report from Sam !! What's this world coming to... LOL

Looked like a great outing fella !

Yea I know doesn't seem right does it. The funny part is that everybody thinks that I don't fish or hunt...............FOOLED YA's :thumbsup_anim:

Regards,

Sam