Rank your year

mistyjr1

Rank your year of fishing for 2007 from 1-10. 1 being the lowest, and 10 being the highest. Maybe also include why your year was so good or not so good.

I would rank my year a 8 out of 10.

Heres why:

2 personal best, one being bass the other being pike.

Caught another muskie with Whopper slimed his boat.

Fished with my first 4 board members, Whopper, Lew, Raf, DipLip.

Caught my first bass, and pike on just my hands, line, jig and worm.

Caught my first blue walleye.

Had an outstanding pike and bass year.

Caught a pike with one of my own bucktails.

Netted jr2's second pike.

Netted a muskie for Dad.

Saw my first Tennessee bass.

Caught a big perch of the dock.

MOST OF ALL I HAD FUN!!!!

Jr2's Pike

mistypike.jpg

Here are my new PB's:

3.5lb bass

104_1023-1.jpg

35" Pike

102_1051-1.jpg

Mistyjr1

I think the key word, in your title, would be Rank - best descibes my year so far! - LOL

But it's not over yet - there's still Quinte and then ice fishing ( hopefully )

Don

But Wow!!! - that's quite the impressive year you got going!! - Keep up the good work!!

Edited by Tracker

This was the first full year of fishing for me....but I dont think I could really ask for more, especially since most of my fishing is done from shore.

My goal was to achieve Avid Angler status with the Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters. To do this, you need to achieve minimum lengths of fish in at least 5 of their 10 categories. Here's a list of qualifying fish I have....8 out of 10 categories. Click on the links to see pics...

Northern Pike (min 30 inches) - 32 inches - 8.25lbs

Rainbow Trout (min 21 inches) - 28 inches (personal best)

Carp (Minimum 30 inches) - 37 inches 24 lbs (personal best)

Smallmouth Bass (minimum 17 inches) - 18 inches - 2.5lbs (personal best)

Largemouth Bass (minimum 18 inches) - 18.5 inches - 3lbs (personal best)

Perch (minimum 12 inches) - 12 inches

Chinook Salmon (minimum 36 inches) - 39 inches - 24.5lbs (personal best)

Muskie (minimum 36") - 39 inches - 15lbs (personal best)

So, it's been a year I could never have expected...with 6 personal bests. Bly and I are excited to start a new chapter in our fishing....next spring will be our first full year with a boat that we just purchased.

So, if I had to rank it....it would be 9 out of 10. I have a chance to get an OFAH qualifying walleye, but whitefish will elude me this year....making me one short of all ten categories. Oh well...I'll have to get out on Simcoe next year to try to catch one!

I also have had the pleasure of attending my first swill...where I first met members like Joey, Tybo, Hearingfish and Clampitt....then the fishing for Tyler event at Simcoe (too many to mention here), Lakair (WAYYY to many to mention) and next weekend will be the Quinte G2G.

Also...I've had the honour to fish with Slowpoke, Rick OBanion, Gerritt, Nipissing, Fishnsled, Basskicker, Fishndevil, Snag, Solopaddler and of course my wife Bly.

Edited by ccmtcanada

Guest skeeter99

pretty good year 9 out of 10 lots of numbers this year but size seemed to be a issue, but in a year or 2 hopefully the fishing will be size and numbers, but I won $1345.00 catching those fish so it was great

3rd place bassmania (scugog)

4th place canadian tire tourney (elephant /baptiste)

3rd place wellers bay bass tourney (wellers bay)

now the trick is to find a partner who can fish more with me so I can win more LOL!!!!!

Troy

Great job Corey. Hope you have a good year next year too.

New PB for weight on a walleye, new PB pike, new PB sturgeon and first ever muskie. Achieved all 4 goals I wrote out last january as well and, made a few first magazine publications. Along the way got to spend some great days out with friends and family fishing.

Can't rank much better than that... although next year I'm already planning for better. :thumbsup_anim:

I had a pretty great year. I didn't catch many or any presonal best but I did start out the year fishing with my sister and brother in law . It was the frist time I had fished with her in 21 years. It was all so great to see her and her husband become a pretty good anglers.

I lost my brother (and favorite fishing partner) last May so that really put a damper on my fishing spirit this year, but I still got out a fair bit and have boated 85 muskies to date.

I'm leaving here in about 30 minutes (2:00 AM) for a 4 hour drive to meet up with some fishing buds for a couple more days on the water and hopefully add a couple more slimers to the total.

I won't put a rating on this year, but it's been OK and I've fished with some good friends, including a couple for the 1st time.....Wayne, DEG & mistyjr

See youz all on Monday

I like thre thread Corey congratz on your great year next year you had better be able to add my name to the ONF'ers list when you and your Dad get down here.

Mine must be a 10 as I joined the 50" club so that was great and my daughter caught her first musky I have also shared the boat with many great friends and it has been a blast I also think this weekend will be great.

I'd have to rate 2007 (so far) as at least an 8 . . . I wasn't out quite as much . . . . the ONLY things that put the damper on the year for me was the EXTREMELY low water levels (bad for shore fishing) and a few more shore spots either being put off limits, (either new 'NO PARKING,' 'NO STOPPING,' or 'NO FISHING' signage, or parking rates you have to be a lottery winner to afford) or getting so crowded and so much trash left, that THEY may soom be closed too! Makes me wonder if the days of fishin' the shores of Ontario lakes & streams are numbered? But I caught a few fish, was able to coerce a few more people into trying carp fishing, and met a few members, if not for the couple of aforementioned points, it woulda been a TEN!

my year has been disappointing fishing wise. I have only been out a dozen times or so and i have not been out since the second week of july.

The reason is i have a 1 1/2 year old son that isnt quite at the age to fish yet. in the next few years he sure will be though lol.

The fishing i did do this year was great. A couple nights on my favorite lake ahmic lake in the spring. spent a week fishing the south shore of nipisisng. got lots of walleye and smallies. Spent a couple days on lake erie with a customer for some monter smallies. And did some shore fishing all over ontario in my travels for work.

Was up in the north country a couple weeks ago but the west winds brought some dangerous rocking water with it so i didnt get out for my fall fish like i normally do.

I would rate my fishing year as a 5 but my year in general as a 10. ANytime i can spend with my son is a 11!!!!

CHeers!

my year has been disappointing fishing wise. I have only been out a dozen times or so and i have not been out since the second week of july.

The reason is i have a 1 1/2 year old son that isnt quite at the age to fish yet. in the next few years he sure will be though lol.

The fishing i did do this year was great. A couple nights on my favorite lake ahmic lake in the spring. spent a week fishing the south shore of nipisisng. got lots of walleye and smallies. Spent a couple days on lake erie with a customer for some monter smallies. And did some shore fishing all over ontario in my travels for work.

Was up in the north country a couple weeks ago but the west winds brought some dangerous rocking water with it so i didnt get out for my fall fish like i normally do.

I would rate my fishing year as a 5 but my year in general as a 10. ANytime i can spend with my son is a 11!!!!

CHeers!

Sometimes one cannot measure a succesful season by the number of outings or the number of fish caught.

Sounds to me like your "11" is is good as it gets.

Congrats to you

Cheers!

If I had to rank my 2007 year for fishing, I would rank it 9/10, but its definitely been my most productive year.. I've always been a casual fisherman, but this year I really got into it hard, and I've been outdoors fishing way more then in the past.. I went up to Georgian Bay and Port Loring to fish about 10 times during the summer and fall, which is way more then usual for me.. I also went out fishing to a few of my local Toronto fishing spots about 30 times this summer/fall, and even though the bite is tough around Toronto, I still managed a few beauties..

In terms of personal bests for this year: PB Chinook Salmon, PB Northern Pike, PB Brown Trout, PB Rainbow Trout, and PB Perch.. It's been a fantastic year.. and I'm already dieing for spring 2008!