Bass Pro Shops is closing the store

misfish

Bass Pro Shops is closing the store for an evening to allow only member of the OFAH to come in and shop and get first crack at holiday sale items. There will be snacks and beverages, draws etc. Bring your OFAH membership card to get in. It will be Sunday November 25 from 7-9pm.

As great as the store is, should we not try to support the local tackle shops that are run by a guy who loves fishing. Just a thought.

Yeah we should but what do you do when you go in 3 or 4 times and he has promised you the goods but they are never there? He claims he orders 4 cases and only gets one.... So by the time his buds and the staff are done they don't have what I want, in the last 6 trips in there. I could live the 25% higher cost on the small stuff but if I drop 2 to 3 grand a year on goodies I need to save money on the bigger stuff or do without..... (which ain't going to happen) LOL

Just go on www.basspro.com and click on the box on the right for store selection and click on the outlet store. The stuff is always cheaper than our Basspro here. I've been doing it for a while now and always save a ton.

Edited by smalliefisher

Daiwa Sealine 47's 113.00 from BPS (or 95.00 USD if I ordered online).... From Bills Bait N Tackle... $90.00 CDN and no shipping charges. Seeing as how I was buying two... the choice was obvious.. even if I needed to wait a couple days for them..

Given BPS's buying power... Surely they could do better... 50.00+ is better in my pocket then in anyone else's..

Seems I can get alot of items for alot less money Locally then at BPS given the current market... I hope BPS catches up... (Cabelas has a thriving Canadian mail order business it seems as of Late)

Just my 1.0718 worth.

Gerritt.

As Roy..try to point out..I think's youz all is ranting in the wrong place. Brian was nice enough to give a heads up to a "gathering" of OFAH members at BPS...and other than "THANKS BRIAN"...it really should end there unless you want directions to the store, or are looking for another OFAH member to hook up with to go rub shoulders with the masses.