Who's getting excited for ice???

jeffw

Ummm....lemme see.....lemme think....

NOPE!!! LOL.

I tried ice fishing for the first time last year....first time without a hut on Simcoe...the second with a heated hut on Scugog. Cant say I liked it.

But...I'm sure by early Feb, I'll be going thru fishing withdrawal again and I'll be out there....LOL

Just picked up my ice fishing companion last night. Alaskan Husky. It will be pulling me and my ice gear out for me. well not this year but next year it will be pulling me. I sold my boat so I am totally read for ice fishing. Although not til I fill my hunting tags though.

The less snow we get the more ice we'll have.

Like wallyboss said, don't need the snow until later in the season, that crud we've had over the last couple seasons is bad, a couple inches of ice then a foot of snow, a bit of rain to make a crust on top, gives "mushing around" a whole new meaning. Cars/trucks/snowmobiles and atvs having a beatch of a time getting around.

no

but when winter does rear it's ugly head

I will make the most of it and enjoy my time fishing

but I don't need to rush it

This from a guy that has a new ATV and a PLOW to do his drive way. Nice. :whistling::Gonefishing:

Lets get the deer season over first then we can talk about the next season. :canadian:

WWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :clapping::clapping::Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

HELL YHEA!!!

I'm so dang' anxious...just got a new Jiffy 10"...new to me 1 season old for 100.00$

I'm usually the ice tester out on the little lakes for specs and splake....

Gonna put my hut out on Nipissing before opening hopefully if we have a normal winter...?

or i'll go out in the boat ON JANUARY 1ST LIKE LAST YEAR..

can't wait to cross nip in the truck with the family.

have u been eatin paint chips??????.ill take open water any day, fish those dirty tribs till they freeze over.then maybe ill think about ice fishing.hope winter is the same as last year.steelheading was great.when we finally got ice it was a waste of time haullin the hut out on the lake.only made 3 or 4 trips out to the hut.did go to the bog in a desperate attempt at the dreaded pail fishing.dont get me wrong ice fishing can be fun but its not my cup of tea i just do it because i cant go without fishing for to long.all work and no fish makes me a dull boy.

I've noticed that walmart and bass pro shops are getting all the ice gear out already. Hopefully a month and a half and I will be on a little splake lake. Anyone else looking forward to ice.

Cheers Jeff

I hear ya I cant wait to ice fish for trout. hope the 1st time out on the splake lake has more ice than last year. That got a bit sketchy.