3yr old catches 42" 20 pound Muskie

ccmtcanada

Tiny Tot Reels In Massive Muskie<BR>10/11/2007 <BR><BR>

EAU CLAIRE, WI (NBC) -- A Wisconsin toddler has a whopper of a fish tale to tell. Nicolas Phillips recently reeled in a 42-inch muskie.<BR><BR>

His parents say that fishing is one of the few things that will calm down the rambunctious 3-year-old. <BR><BR>

"He doesn't get bored until around two hours go by," said Kelly Phillips, Nicolas' mom.

<BR><BR>

In the final minutes of a father-son fishing trip this weekend, Nicolas pulled in a catch worthy of any angler.

<BR><BR>

"I catched a big one!" Nicolas said, arms up showing just how big.

<BR><BR>

It was a 42-inch, 20-pound monster of a muskie, caught on the same pole the tireless tot now casts into branches in his backyard.

<BR><BR>

"He said 'Dad, I have a fish,'" said Nicolas' dad Wesley Phillips. "I could see the bobber next to the boat, and I waited for him to pull in the little fish. Then, I looked down and it was a big muskie."

<BR><BR>

Wesley wasn't really ready to reel in a fish the same size as his son.

<BR><BR>

The pole he was using was small, and was sporting a six pound test line.

<BR><BR>

Lucky for the father-son team, some nearby boaters lent them a hand and a net.

<BR><BR>

Nicolas knows where his muskie is headed.

<BR><BR>

"It's dead, we're gonna put it on the wall in our house," Nicolas said.

<BR><BR>

NBC

<BR><BR>

<embed src="http://www.liveleak.com/player.swf" width="450" height="370" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" flashvars="autostart=false&token=1a4_1192148992" scale="showall" name="index"></embed>

Well here's a 44 inch muskie that I caught recently and weighted in at 17 pounds.

44_inches.jpg

And this one was 46" and weighted in at 20.5 pounds.

gallery_103_86_65693.jpg

You maybe close on your guessimate Terry. I was going to be generous and give it a 15+or- pound weight but it does look shorter then 42". Hard to tell with the fish curled up. Great to see the little guy getting a fish of that size though!

Cliff, you're too funny! lol!

Edited by fishnsled

Better not let my 3 year old see that, he's always asking to go fishing so he can catch a "big pike". Naturally his idea of big pike is the ever-so-plentiful snotrocket which we can catch every few minutes. If he gets hooked on musky (like his dad) we'll never see mom.

If he gets hooked on musky (like his dad) we'll never see mom.

and the problem with that is.... :thumbsup_anim::whistling:

people always have to rag on someones catch. seriously, why bother bickering oh i think its this long or that long or mine was this big. who cares? thats a nice fish for anyone let alone a little kid :D

who is bickering

I was stating what I believe to be a fact......the fish is not the stated size

this was a second hand story...if the kid or his family posted it, I would not say a word

but it seems it is you coming on and bickering

or stirring the pot