Sturgeon River / Lake Nipissing ...SALMON!!!!

Muskieman

NO This was'nt bought at A&P..

Once every 15 years or so a Salmon is caught in downtown Sturgeon Falls.. now keep in mind that

the Sturgeon River is the largest tributary to Lake Nipissing .. and so on to the French River and down to Georgian Bay..this Salmon travelled on hell of a ways to get here... they say Salmon return to their

place of birth.. do you think that he was born here?

This specimen weighed in at 9 1/2 lbs, and was caught in 2 feet of water using a rapala ..in Downtown

Sturgeon Falls..

My buddy the lucky angler did'nt want his face made public...

There are yearly reports of Native Netters Catching them in their nets... they also catch Rainbow and

even the odd Laker and Spec.

There is'nt a fishable resource in the lake for such fish..but maybe someday there will be one..

True.... i figured it out it probably traveled 150-80 miles to get here ... I just read on the net that

90% chance that he's not alone.. and that there probably another 5-10 there following a much bigger female.... now the question is will they reproduce ... ?

WOW...thats an epic journey !!!!!!! :clapping::whistling: man thats sure along ways from georgian bay....im surprised that he didnt swim up one of the smaller tributarys on the french way further downstream.....well you got to give him credit,great catch and i bet he got the shock of his life when he seen it was a salmon...thanks for sharing....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Just curious . . . . . . after ripping it's gills with that typa hold . . . . . was the fish released?

I kind of find this offensive, someone catches a salmon where they shouldn't have and someone has to find a negative twist to put on it, looking at the pic myself it would seem clear that the fish was kept and probably bound for a smoker( mmm tasty salmon) it's simple comments like these that get flame wars going