Merland Park :( UPDATED

Gerritt

Ya Gerr... we got room. We got a 2 bedroom with 3 of us at this point. I'm sure we can fit 2 more people, possibly 3.

Let's just all get up there and pack in for the nights. I can't see them kicking us out. We'll just have to see how much more they want to charge.

cd.

Count me in Corey... PM me the details please.

G.

Last year I was told I could have six people in our 2 bedroom cottage without addition charge.

I would think that if there are a number of you all staying there that they'd better not make any waves about whatever arrangements you want to make, within reason. In fact, methinks they'd be wise to ante up here with some kind of very acceptable solution. YMMV.

If in their apparent ignorance of what "service industry" means they feel compelled to give any argument about y'all making yer own arrangements, ask them if there's some misunderstanding about the words "service industry" and "Hospitality services" and "Better Business Bureau". If they laugh that one off, ask if "word of mouth" and "several thousand members" rings any bells. They might recognize this as an IQ test for business operators.

JF

I need to make a quick note here to everyone... I just got off the phone with Merland Park letting them know I will just bunk up in another cabin instead of taking the unit 5kms down the road...

I informed Kevin's wife that I will be bringing my boat.

Seems they are charging for guaranteed dock space.. $10.00 per day (I am used to paying for dock space this is not an issue) the issue is all the dock space has been sold..If a space becomes available it will be first come first serve.. but as of right now they are full.

So that means I will be pulling my boat out at the end of the day and launching it in the morning. I also assume others amongst us will be doing the same..

Just a heads up for those of you bringing boats.. be prepared to pull em out

One would think with all the hassles our group (Slowpoke,Grant,Vator and myself) have been put through Docking should be provided for our boats.. it is the least they could do as a good will gesture..

I am still trying to wrap my head around all this without blowing a gasket..

FYI

Gerritt.

Edited by Gerritt

Well i was told to that all the dock space was sold out....well it doesnt bother me that much as it takes my only a few mins to get the boat out of the water anyway its just a bit of a pain....but if the weather really gets windy,i dont want my boat bashing off those docks so what do you do right !!!!! well gerritt there is the sportsman motel and itas only a 2 min walk from merlands,i stayed their last year and it was 60 bucks for a room....i hope you get things worked out bud shawn

Last year it was first come first served..and if you were the last guy off the water you had to pull your boat. I guess because of guys like me stating that this "system" wasn't really fair to the cottages that had brought one boat vs cottages that brought three....they have gone with the reserved spot policy which makes a LOT more sense...and it's my understanding that they have one dock spot for each of their rental units. Based on that they probably should just put the cabin # on each dock, each cabin gets one spot and any extras pull their boats. Not my place...but the way I'd do it.

Edited by irishfield

i willing to put someone or two up im sure percher has no problem i usually sleep on the floor or a couch anyway

Ya no problem we could squeeze another in I am bringing 3 airmatresses.Gerritt I don't want to see you deprived of your beer bud.Sheesh I got to have a few with you.I think its all coming together what a great bunch of caring people we have here.Wayne what can I say nice of you to offer to trailer Gerritt's boat.

MTP

This reminds me of a Seinfeld episode " You had a reservation?"

Gerritt chill dude at least you still get to go :thumbsup_anim:

Just go with the flow I know it will be a good time :thumbsup_anim:

Some stand up people here helping out :clapping:

Edited by Whopper

This reminds me of a Seinfeld episode " You had a reservation?"

Gerritt chill dude at least you still get to go :thumbsup_anim:

Just go with the flow I know it will be a good time :thumbsup_anim:

Some stand up people here helping out :clapping:

I am "chill" I just wanted to let everyone know about the docking situation. I will be there... I will have fun with the guys and all will be right with the world again.. :)

G.

WOW. That's a bummer.

Being in the travel industry, I can imagine how frustrating that is. You plan ahead and prepare and spend time and money based on something that was communicated to you and it turns out that there was a miss-communication...

Understandably, you should be ticked. Myself, I'd raise a little hell. I say haggle with them. They should give you an incentive like offer free gas or something like that.

Wherever it is that you're going, it sounds like there's a general lack of order, and from what you've told us, it sounds like you're getting set up for one major migraine.

I say make like Seinfeld and tell them that they DON'T know how to place a reservation. A reservation means that whatever it is that you book will be available when you need it. They may know how to reserve, they just don't know how to HOLD the reservation. There's the taking, and then there's the holding!!

Good luck fishing though. Let us know how it turns out!

cheers

HD

I hope you guys have a blast! When is this get together? I will be down there the weekend of Oct. 20th. It would be nice to meet some of you guys. If any of you happen to be there that weekend, Sat we will be out with Eye-Tracker in his boat, its not hard to spot, 18 foot black tracker walleye boat. And Sunday we will be out on my boat. I have an 16'7" Alumacraft with a 75 merc. optimax. I will also most likely have the new and improved homemade welfare top that we built for 120 bucks to keep us warm and dry, but only if it is cold. Say hello of you see us.

And once again good luck!

Don

Beg your pardon.....Merlands is a 2 min.walk from the Sportsman, the sportsman is more like a 10 min. stumble from Merlands as its up hill, in the dark with P breaks. But if you have to pull the boats its still a good idea.

I've been by Merlands a million times but never been there, can't raft up the boats?

I say just show up people, we'll find places for people to sleep. Apparently up to 7 people can stay in our 2 room shack there, we have 4 right now that I know of. I know which bed I will be sleeping in, the rest of the place is up for grabs for whoever.

cd.

Well i was told to that all the dock space was sold out....well it doesnt bother me that much as it takes my only a few mins to get the boat out of the water anyway its just a bit of a pain....but if the weather really gets windy,i dont want my boat bashing off those docks so what do you do right !!!!! well gerritt there is the sportsman motel and itas only a 2 min walk from merlands,i stayed their last year and it was 60 bucks for a room....i hope you get things worked out bud shawn

I thought they closed down the Sportsman Motel?