Some Math: 1 Pickerel + 0 Lakers = 2 Musky

discophish

I just finished a 2 week vacation, and the fishing was tough. We stayed away from the cottage in Parry Sound so that we could explore new territory. We spent 9 days on Wahwashkesh, and caught only 1 Pickerel during that time. The Lakers just slapped our jigs and spoons, telling us to go home. The bear hunt had the camps full, and they had their pickerel tournies during the days of their hunt. 20 guys at a nearby lodge had their guns and quivers loaded, but all must have forgot to spool line on their reels because not one guy in that party had boated a Pickerel by their last day. Tough week. H2Whoa's 3 pound pickerel was apparently worth 400 dollars to them!

I spent some time after on the Bay Of Quinte in and around Telegraph Narrows, Big Bay and long reach, and it was the same story, no Pickerel.

No Lakers, 1 Pickerel ... bass and small pike don't make this list. The first 2 weeks of september was bad for me, but everyone else around here caught fish then!! and I still have to catch up with everyone's accomplishments here during that time. I think it was some Heebie Jeebies that followed me around.

The Last day of vacation seemed to be more rewarding. We managed to find these. Mine was a tad shy of 40". H2's ... well, it was big. She has me beat again. Her last 47" wasn't as heavy as this fish, this one had girth to it. The fish swam off with lots of strength, because we got them in and out in record time on the heavy trolling fenwicks using zig zag patterns into the wind.

Good luck out there!

Disco Phish

Disco.jpg

H2.jpg

Edited by Disco Phish

That sounds like some real tough fishin'. I think you may have had better luck if you had targeted Walleye instead of Pickeral. Your persistence paid off with those 2 very nice Musky! Next time try to pay closer attention to what H2 does and try to duplicate it as closely as possible, I think you could learn a lot from her expertise! ;)

I think you may have had better luck if you had targeted Walleye instead of Pickeral.

I hate to ask, but....... what is the difference between walleye and pickeral? I thought they were the same fish. Please don't unload on me :stretcher:

As well, not only did you catch some nice fish, but you also had some pretty scenery in the boat....... She's a keeper!

Edited by hometownhandyman

If I had crossed the border, my luck might have changed along with the interpreted name of Pickerel to Walleye. Something about the blue Pickerel in that lake. They have the yellow ones all confused and swimming out of style. I will take your advice. Every time H2 looks over, I'm either picking my nose, scratching my arse, staring at the clouds, or farting. Her commitment and mannerism seems far more advanced hence her capacity to stay more focused while fishing. Flatulence can cause negative vibrations at the end of the braid which interrupts the natural frequencies of the lure. I may never learn. :asshat:

See note above. This explains why we are not yet married ;)

You are right about how beautiful the lake is. If I didn't have a cottage that lake would be my pick, and I have been on many. Hands down.

Shhhh!!! With comments like that my gear will end up at Play It Again Sports! :P

We would have had more luck casting into the woods and hooking into a bear where we stayed. 4 separate hunting parties had our area baited since May that surrounded our perimeter. Bears every day and night. In an safe sense we kept "fish scent" free! Nothing like frying a fish over the fire in Rocky Madsen at night with the bears waiting eagerly in the tree lines for you to serve it up on the plate. <shiver> That's just asking for trouble. :oops:

Thanks to all for your comments! Good luck with your next outing!