Is This What The Northern Folk Call "a Light Dusting"? (pics)

SlowPoke

I had green grass this morning when I went to bed. When I woke up this afternoon we had an inch or two of snow. Went to work at 4:30 PM and it started coming down pretty good. Headed out on the highway and it got ugly, really ugly. There was an accident in Ingersol (20KM East of London) involving some trucks...

(MrEh, I hope your driver was alright)

Once I was east of Woodstock everything was clear. Headed back for London and it got ugly again. Made my way back to the yard and helped a few people on the way home to find my wife shovelling the driveway for the third time this evening.

(I'm a lucky man)

Parked the van and fired up the Jeep!

DSC03058.jpg

Began clearing some snow

DSC03056.jpg

Onto the road and off to Timmies to get a treat for my wife.

DSC03059.jpg

Stopped by the kids school on the way... going to email the principal "What do you mean snowday? we made it here!"

DSC03062.jpg

All this snow in the last 7 hours and it's still coming down hard. I'd say by the "snow-on-the-bbq-meter" that we're at about 30" now with no wind or drifting.

That's it for now... might head back out in the Jeep for some do-gooding

-Brian

Edited by SlowPoke

hey, clean off the roof of your SUV, the guy behind you can't see with all the snow in his face lol (atleast you got most of it cleaned off, unlike most around here--- i mean the windshield wiper path is enough clean, right?), but hey atleast all the snow looks "light" LOL ..... i'm glad it's you and not us for sure!!

Looks like ya'll will be having tonnes 'o fun out that way.... with no snow on the ground my wifes boss managed to get her 3 week old GMC Yukon (Denali too i believe) rear ended on the highway yesterday...

Wow...sucks to live in a snowbelt!!! :lol:

I used to drive every weekend from Toronto to Michigan, thru London and Sarnia. In the winter, you could always count on snow between Woodstock and Sarnia....the 402 especially is a snow magnet!!!

Edited by ccmtcanada

Those are some great pics. Kind of makes me feel a bit better about the sprinkle we got here in Richmond Hill this morning. I'll remember that when I dust off my car this morning :lol:

Have a great day and for goodness sakes - go have a snowball fight okay :thumbsup_anim::santa:

Joey

You've got to love the vehicles we own as outdoor enthusiasts.

We must get to T. H. in any weather! lol

That's awesome....

Entropy

The snow ontop is for extra weight = traction. Good thought.

Edited by Entropy

hey, clean off the roof of your SUV, the guy behind you can't see with all the snow in his face lol

It's okay, that snow is strapped to the roof rack and I am delivering it to your driveway!

Your Principal is just gonna love that photo!

He replied regarding my wife doing the shovelling "Do you hire her out?"

We're currently in negotiations.

That's a great post btw! Love the shot in front of the school.

Thanks Dustin, 4 second shutter (no flash) and a cold steady hand!

Nice shots! :worthy: To the Cherokee. What kind of a lift do you have on it?

Thanks Raf, It's a 4.5" Rustys lift with leaf packs and 31" Goodyear MTR's

The Jeep is for sale in case anyone is interested. I guess I can't advertise "never winter driven" :blush:

im scared for when the warm weather comes along next week and rain...Floods are going to be present

Our street was flooded last week from a storm sewer backup after the rain.. the water was making it's way up the slope of our street to my psycho neighbours driveway when the city came and sucked the sewer clean. I have comfort in knowing that sewer is clean for the coming melt!

:w00t: wow thats a lot of snow! I actually like when we get heavy snowfalls, i mean like the London area just got. I dont drive so doesnt bother me, i lovvee snow, ever since i was a kid and still do. Here in Toronto we dont get much, but im hoping well get some soon. I wanna wake up and open the door and have snow pouring in :D

:w00t: wow thats a lot of snow! I actually like when we get heavy snowfalls, i mean like the London area just got. I dont drive so doesnt bother me, i lovvee snow, ever since i was a kid and still do. Here in Toronto we dont get much, but im hoping well get some soon. I wanna wake up and open the door and have snow pouring in :D

Come down here and enjoy ours - but please shovel the driveway before you open the door and let the snow pour in :D

PLEASE SEND SOME MY WAY!

I want to get out on my snowboard, badly. And since its 40 bucks to go now ive changed my style to street/handrails and whatever else I can jump off of around town. This cannot be done without a good amount of snow. At the moment we have a big fat ZERO!