Soar throat remedies ???

mikeymikey

Hello to all.

I was just wondering if you guys here know any real good remedy for a soar throat ?

I personally suck on Fishermen's Friend which instantly helps calm out that bitterness in my throat but I can't be sucking on it all day long.

Especially when I cough and get some phlegm that is when I feel some nasty soar bitter'ness even more. Some times I wake up during sleep due to bitter soar throat and at that point I really need Fishermen's Friend or drink a milk & bread to try to clear that phlegm and help reduce the bitter soar throat.

So I was just wondering if anyone have a real good treatment for bitter soar throat? (treatment would be better than just a relief for that moment)

Some of the things I do is, gargle with salt water but using apple cider vinegar is so much better!

I appreciate your feedback!

Edited by mikeymikey

I bet that fisherman's friend is happy though...LOL...sorry...couldn't resist.

Firstly...how long has this been going on this bad? If it's been more than 2 days, then GO SEE A DOCTOR! You have an infection of some sort and need antibiotics.

Second...if things seem ok on that front, you can get some spray for your throat that basically "freezes" it. Ask your pharmacist about it.

Also...drink plenty of clear fluids (water, apple juice) and take some tylenol.

Good luck and hope you feel better.

Cliff

Cliff nailed it on the head...chloraseptic will help your sore throat... by numbing it..

but I need to ask... are you a smoker?? this could be a contributing factor... I know as a smoker myself.. (hate it I really do..) I experience the same from time to time..

do you have allergies? I know after a rain sometimes my allergies act up causing sore throat as well...

if all else fails see your family doctor.. if you dont have one..(Like many under our Liberal government... another thread) goto a local walk in clinic as it could be a throat infection of some sort.

Good luck and let us know your prognosis.

Gerritt.

For me when I feel a sore throat coming I breakout the garlic caps by Jamison. Chuck a few of those down and leave 2 in your mouth just to bathe your throat in the garlic kills any viral infections. Garlic acts as a anit-viral medication. If its sore you'll feel the gralic burn the back of the throat where its sore. Secondly I drink hot ginger. Theres ground up ginger drink that you can buy that works also.

Most of this stuff works great when you notice the first sign of soreness coming on. After a few days this remedy doesn't seem to be as effective. Then its time for the doc's

Fishermens friend is great but after taking so many of them it leaves your wallet dry and a rough tongue. :lol:

dsn

Thanks for the informations!!

BTW,,, one of my co-working told me that his mom take a 1:1 of water and hydrogen peroxide and gargle with it. I know that Hydrogen Peroxide is used to treating external wounds because it kills germs on contact and such but gargle with it ???

Than again, Listerine and those teech whitening tapes that you put on your teeth contains some amount of hydrogen peroxide.

Any info about use of hydrogen peroxide ??

Go to the fricken DOCTOR!!! It could be Mono, Strep, or Tonsilitis, all of these can be very serious if left untreated!!! The longer you fiddle fart around with "home remedies" the worse it's going to get and the longer it's going to take to be cured. You could also be contagious and make other people sick because of your lack of concern for your own health!!!

Edited by Greencoachdog

Trust me on this.

Go to your local health food store and pick up some OIL OF OREGANO

It kills all bacteria and virus and 101 other things.

As for brands, the best are HeddWyn and the P73 oreganol

I suggest you google "oil of oregano" to see just how many things this cures.

I discovered this stuff because I had a soar throat that just wouldnt go away. 5 trips to the doctor and all the antibiotics did nothing. When I took this stuff, I was cured 75% overnight and 100% after 3 days of use. I now live by this and have passed it on to many people who all went from sceptics to confident users.

Here is a site for the HeddWyn brand:

http://www.wildoiloforegano.com/

THis is just a small list of what Oil of Oregano can cure:

Acne, Animal bites, Arthritis, Asthma, Athlete's foot, Bad breath, Bed sores and Ulcerations, Bladder Infections, Bromidosis (foul odor associated with excessive sweating), Boils, Bruises, Burns, Bursitis, Candidiasis, Canker sores, Cellulitis, Cold sores, Colds/Flu, Cough, Cryptosporidium, Dandruff and Seborrhea, Diaper rash, Diarrhea, Ear infections, Ebola and Dengue Fever, Eczema, Fingernail fungus, Frostbite and frostburn, Giardiasis, Gum Disease, Food poisoning, Head lice, Headaches, Hepatitis, Herpes, Impetigo, Irritable Bowel syndrome, Leg cramps, Nail fungus, Paronychia, Peptic ulcer, Pneumonia, Psoriasis, Prostate disorders, Pruritis, Radiation injury/burns, Ringworm, Rosacea, Scabies, Shingles, Sinusitis, Sore throat, Sports injuries, Tick borne illnesses, Thrush, Toothache, Tuberculosis, Varicose veins, Venomous bites, Warts and Wounds. Many other conditions are also treatable.

It really is a miracle and I hope you give it a try.

Trust me on this.

Go to your local health food store and pick up some OIL OF OREGANO

It kills all bacteria and virus and 101 other things.

As for brands, the best are HeddWyn and the P73 oreganol

I suggest you google "oil of oregano" to see just how many things this cures.

I discovered this stuff because I had a soar throat that just wouldnt go away. 5 trips to the doctor and all the antibiotics did nothing. When I took this stuff, I was cured 75% overnight and 100% after 3 days of use. I now live by this and have passed it on to many people who all went from sceptics to confident users.

Here is a site for the HeddWyn brand:

http://www.wildoiloforegano.com/

THis is just a small list of what Oil of Oregano can cure:

Acne, Animal bites, Arthritis, Asthma, Athlete's foot, Bad breath, Bed sores and Ulcerations, Bladder Infections, Bromidosis (foul odor associated with excessive sweating), Boils, Bruises, Burns, Bursitis, Candidiasis, Canker sores, Cellulitis, Cold sores, Colds/Flu, Cough, Cryptosporidium, Dandruff and Seborrhea, Diaper rash, Diarrhea, Ear infections, Ebola and Dengue Fever, Eczema, Fingernail fungus, Frostbite and frostburn, Giardiasis, Gum Disease, Food poisoning, Head lice, Headaches, Hepatitis, Herpes, Impetigo, Irritable Bowel syndrome, Leg cramps, Nail fungus, Paronychia, Peptic ulcer, Pneumonia, Psoriasis, Prostate disorders, Pruritis, Radiation injury/burns, Ringworm, Rosacea, Scabies, Shingles, Sinusitis, Sore throat, Sports injuries, Tick borne illnesses, Thrush, Toothache, Tuberculosis, Varicose veins, Venomous bites, Warts and Wounds. Many other conditions are also treatable.

It really is a miracle and I hope you give it a try.

Now that is an impressive list of items, two of which stands out to be to be a bit stretched. Ear infections and Ebola. Ear infections I know very well of since I'm in the hearing industry, that said, I know of another item that claims about the same amount of effectiveness with the same range but I've personally tried it and has not lived up to it's claims. It may very well depend on the type of infection but that's a broad sweeping statement above.

Ebola , well that's an untreatable virus as I recalled but maybe that changed so I googled it and found:

"... Because Ebola is potentially lethal and since no approved vaccine or treatment is available, Ebola is classified as a biosafety level 4 agent, as well as a Category A bioterrorism agent by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention."

Now if they had HIV and cancer in the list, I'd know it would have be too far fetched but I don't know, it may be worth a look.

Be cautious of wild claims.

HF