Dad's Big one

Pete Maina

Hi All,

Hey, many thanks for the kind words. I'll have to forward the link to my mon ... who can then show to dad (Tex avoids all things computer ... I don't know whether to call him dad, or lucky :whistling: ). I'm sure he'll appreciate the thoughts.

As far as the rods, I'm really not sure why they would be one backorder, but I do know there has been some issues on that in some stores ... they are selling well as more folks hear about them and try them. I will ask at corporate. Tacklebuster: the longer rods work pretty well for both casting and trolling. We often use them for inline board rods too, but mainly as casting rods. They do make the boatside stuff more effective as wider circles and eights can be done.

(Hope that hat kicks in for you Art!)

Assume you mean Lake St. Claire? No, fish caught on a lake in Ontario called Longlegged. Dad and I have an all-species trip there every year. It's a real good walleye and lake trout fishery, with some darn nice muskies too. We'd never gotten any real big ones to actually bite in the past ... finally did.

Pete

Pete, I just visited BPS in Cincinnati and they had plenty of your rods on the rack and I'm sure there were many more in the back. I always buy mail order because clumsy customers don't get a shot at them like they do in stores. Longer rods are great. You are putting together a great combo. A good fishing tool.

:clapping: Fantastic accomplishment! Congrats to you both on nailing a +54 casting! Especially nice to see father and son gettin' er done!

I didn't know you had a 9fter available. I better check that out on the BPS website. I stuck a twilly tip onto the end of my PM 8'6" extra heavy telescoping rod and she's reely sweet for wire line on big chinooks on Lake Ontario.

Take care and all the best to you and your dad.... and to cover all the possible bases...and to Roy too what the heck!! :P

THanks again,

Yeah, trips with dad's are good (Hey Roy, dad ... are you taking me anywhere soon?). Lots of fun always ... of course a biggie at boatside was an added bonus for this trip.

Gotta get dad out there bigbuck. I do quite a few hunting and fishing trips with dad every year. Good times and laughs :thumbsup_anim:

(Cisco: 9 footer available starting last year. Good to hear the rod works well with wire.)

Pete

Guest Trophymuskie
Nice fish! You're lucky to be fishin' with your Dad!

Yes I lost my dad 21.5 years ago.

Nothing beats getting a big one and sharing it with family.

Beautifull fish as well, doesn't look like there is a mark on her.

Congrats,

Wow!! Great story and great fish! When I first saw the pic (thumbnail), I thought that was Roy holding that fish...LOL.

Yea me too.... I was thinking that old codger sure got around in his day!!! :whistling:

Congrats to your dad Pete!