gas prices back up

lew

Prices are back up around 99¢......at least in Toronto

Gee, whatta coincidence that the prices jump again right in front of a long weekend.

Couldn't be price fixin though, cause we've got the assurance from our government that everything is on the up & up with the thieves....er, oil companies....and they wouldn't lie to us.......would they ?? :angry:

Must be those Americans and their last official holiday of the summer. Sorry Lew ... I'll stay home and keep the demand down :D . I haven't noticed the prices around here going up yet, but historically they do. Hopefully they'll come back down again before I head to Ontario again in a couple weeks.

Edited by Rich Clemens

Your right Lew.. I find it remarkable how apparently there is no correlation with the long weekend and gas prices going up... Yet several politicians warned of higher gas prices yesterday. Isn't it amazing how some of our politicians can forsee the rise in oil prices (which affects gas prices). Maybe they should be working on Bay St? It makes me ill!!

Both politicians and oil companies forecast a month ago that gas prices would be around $1.00 per litre by Labour Day. Maybe this is a way for them to say that they gave us a break of $0.01 a litre!

I KNEW it I felt pretty good this morning when I saw the price at 98.7. I crammed in as much as the ole Neon would hold yesterday. I was ticked because when I was on my route in the company van I saw it for 93.5 but when I got back with my car it had gone up to 93.9.... Anyhow I all but jacked up the corner of the car to cram in 13.00 bucks worth LOL. I felt sorry for the guy driving the SUV in front of me in line his was 105.90 then he said forgot to fill the 3 x 5 gallon tanks he had for his lawn tractor and boat so he would be back to pay some more.... the 3 cars waiting for his spot at the pumps were not looking impressed either.

Edited by Canuck2fan

I gave up watching the prices of gas a long time ago and just accepted the fact that gasoline costs somewhere around a buck a litre. I got sick of trying so hard just to save a few bucks a tank.

Price gouging sucks, but I think gas should be expensive to aid in conservation and make people use less. Someday, we wont have that resource to complain about.

Went up this morning from 1.09 to 112. I was shocked as I heard nothing at all about it. Obviously because of the long weeknd. What bugs me is how we are programed to expect it and take it. These hikes had no warning or no excuse for the reason, Fantastic marketing.

We never see it under a buck a litre out here on the left coast. Lowest I've seen recently is 1.01, but usually around 1.07 to 1.15. I was out in Bamfield last week and paid 1.40 a litre - not surprising considering how remote it is. Here's the ultimate solution to the high price of gas - if you can afford it in the first place :) In the mean time I'm just happy to drive my prius past the pump...