Trolling X-raps?

ehg

I've casted the x- raps for pike and smallies with success, but it seemed like i had to provide

action to the lure through glides or twitches. Just wondering if anyone has flatline trolled them,

where the x-rap provided its own action, successfully.

Thanx,

ehg

I shouldn't say anything, but I have had great success trolling with them for shallow walleye, and at night for walleye they are even better....and smallmouth keep bitting it while trolling for walleye, so it works

but you didn't hear it from me.....

Oh I'm sure they would work but they are definitely intended for casting/twitching. What does rapala call them... a slash bait. Great eratic action when casted, one of my go to baits for shallow spring walleye.

Thanks for the info though terry, I'll give em a shot on the long line.

Trolling in a canoe at a gentle pace boated tons of pickerel at location 'X' for me. Here's a tip for the lads with a canoe. Grab two welding rods and shape them into a U. Duct tape one U to each side of the canoe on the gunnels towards the front. This will provide an excellent place to rest the rod perpendicular to the boat reasonably secure. The longer the rod the better. Let out 150' of your favourite line with xrap attached and you have one bad as$ trolling vessel. Just wait for the rod to start buzzin'. Very stealth.

i have used them for the same purpose as terry,but now the X-RAPS now come in a diving version,with a diving lip so for next year i will be using them alot more for walleye,they will also be good for next fall on THE BAY OF QUINTE ,im looking forward to using them right now i just got one from bass pro they had them about 1 month ago but sold out within 2 days i was lucky enogh to get a perch model,but never used them for my quinte trip i forgot it at home, :dunno: good luck with them for walleye like terry daid the DO work :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for replies!

Didn't want to waste my time trolling x-raps if they were really made for casting. Sounds like they could work with the braided line setup i wanna use for slow long line trolling night walleyes. Gives me a bit of confidence for 'em.

cheers,

ehg

I ran one of the new large one's at the Quinte GTG, probably pulled it around for about an hour... not a sniff!(mind you, we didn't get anything on the other baits we were running at the time either :dunno:

I'd be interested in what the dive curve on that bait might be... I ran it with about 150 -200 ft of line out, on my outside planer board. Pulls about the same as a Mann's Stretch 25.

HH