Mid Week Bass Fishing!!!

ccmtcanada

I get to work yesterday morning, log into OFC as usual to see what's new on the board and up pops a private message. I open it up and it's from Basskicker...it says "Good morning Cliff, I realize it's VERY short notice, but I'm leaving at 5:30 P.M today.....so if you can meet me at my place...your more the welcome." A quick call home to make sure we didn't have plans for the evening and it was all set! It took me about 2 seconds to take him up on the offer!!

I checked the weather forecast for the area we fished and it said "Zero percent chance of rain", so the evening would be great! Anyways, I left the office early so I could be at his place on time.

We arrived at the boat launch in the Kawarthas and we were in the water by 630. The conditions were amazing. Light breeze, calm waters, air temp was about 80F and water temp hovered around 75F. Because it was sunny and hot out, we decided to fish for bass hugging the shoreline and flipping our senkos under docks and overhanging trees. These were not ordinary senkos...we were using the ones that Basskicker makes himself...in his garage and let me tell you, they didn't let us down!!!!

Shortly after we launched, Basskicker brings in two in under 10 minutes!

01630jason-1.jpg

02638jason-1.jpg

I then boated 3...including my new personal best...by 1/2 of an inch...LOL

03648cliff-1.jpg

04700cliff.jpg

My PB 18.5 inch largie...probably around 2.5 pounds or so....another team 6 entry!

04a748cliff.jpg

Basskicker then finished our catching with these nice ones....

05800jason.jpg

06820jason.jpg

Basskicker had a few other smaller ones we didn't take pictures of and I had a few sunfish that attacked the senkos.

All the fish above were caught in under 2 hours. As the sun set, the bite seemed to turn off a bit as the fish left the shade of the docks to roam the lake. We planned on heading off to a few nice spots he knows of hoping for some top water action once it was dark. We arrive at the first spot...change up to some spinner baits and frogs and wouldn't you know it...dark clouds rolled in, the wind picked up and it started raining. So much for the 0% chance of rain!!!!

We decided to pack it in and had the boat back on the trailer by just after 10pm. On the way back to the launch, I turn my head to look at the clouds rolling in and my OFC hat goes flying!!! Oh well...bly has one she doesn't wear that she graciously gave me once I got home...haha. I had an amazing time out there, thanks a lot for the great evening Basskicker. Including the ones we didn't take pictures of, we boated about 10 fish in the first few hours.

Couldn't ask for a better fishing partner...Basskicker is a great guy...almost every dock we arrived at he said "Go ahead...you get first cast". He did warn me on the way up that if he got skunked, we'd never fish again, so I'm glad he got into a few first thing....LOL.

great report, cliff. congrats on the new PB. fall is around the corner. we'll have to hook up for some steelheading.

btw, i picked up a salmon rod & plan to hit some of the piers when the salmon hit the river mouths (i guess it's as early as mid-august sometimes). if you'd like we could hook up.

hope all's well with the family.

take care

great report, cliff. congrats on the new PB. fall is around the corner. we'll have to hook up for some steelheading.

btw, i picked up a salmon rod & plan to hit some of the piers when the salmon hit the river mouths (i guess it's as early as mid-august sometimes). if you'd like we could hook up.

hope all's well with the family.

take care

Douger...looking forward to this year's salmon season. Hitting the piers sounds like a plan...we'll confirm details as the time nears!!!

My PB 18.5 inch largie...probably around 2.5 pounds or so....another team 6 entry!

04a748cliff.jpg

You sure that one isn't at least 7 there ccmt? Just kidding, of course. Finally a man that doesn't exaggerate the size of his, ummm.....fish. Give yourself a bit of credit there though, 18.5" should go over 3, maybe higher.

The fish looks like it is going to eat your head.....lol.

Glad you had a good time.

nice fish! congrats on the PB cliff!

i agree with Dutch, i think you should find some local newspaper office and claim the record.

seriously though, that fish got some girth ... a 19" that i caught was 3.3lbs, and it wasn't fat at all