Poachers lodge

Given the extent of their actions in falsifying documents...beyond the Fish & Game Act violations, they should've also been criminally charged with Fraud under the Criminal Code. That would have provided for a far more reaching punishment, than basically what is the equivalent of a speeding ticket or similar under the Highway Traffic Act. Although they received fines and suspensions, they get off with no criminal record.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Terry said:

Yeah, a lodge or a guide should be punished far more then an individual 

But I have some idea why they are breaking the law

lodge owner were get about 10 moose tags every season now most get one tag and that does not make enough money to remain open for the moose hunt 

so they have a choice, shut down, break the law and stay open or sell the one tag they get to Americans for between 10 and 20 thousand bucks 

it not right and they should not break the law but I do understand why they are doing it 

• Like 1

On 5/13/2024 at 11:32 AM, Terry said:

But I have some idea why they are breaking the law

lodge owner were get about 10 moose tags every season now most get one tag and that does not make enough money to remain open for the moose hunt 

so they have a choice, shut down, break the law and stay open or sell the one tag they get to Americans for between 10 and 20 thousand bucks 

it not right and they should not break the law but I do understand why they are doing it 

If commercial moose hunting is not sustainable, then the law exists for a reason.

especially for foreigners…

I agree ,  I gave an explanation as to why they are cheating, in no way said they should do it   As a matter of fact I said they should have had greater punishment 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Walltrout said:

Does it really matter who is doing it, Canadians, Americans or Indigenous ?

Until everyone is treat fairly the same nothing will change.

Huh?  One of those groups has very different rights than the other two.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2024 at 6:56 AM, AKRISONER said:

They lost their bear management and Outfitters moose shares indefinitely, that's a huge financial hit for a tourist outfitter. Without that revenue I highly doubt they keep their lodge and outposts but will continue to run the air service.