Camping/travel trailer ideas

glen

The last few trips I have been tenting and i’m looking at doing something different.  It takes too long to set up and not weather proof enough.   
I’m thinking about getting a cargo trailer that I can put my boat inside.  Once the boat is out I can use the cargo trailer as a camper.  My boat is heavy so it would have to be on a small trailer.  
custom cargo trailer so it’s not bigger then I need.   
Any thoughts. 

irishfield could build the walls and roof on an aluminum flatbed.  

This set up has worked very well for me..........
Fridge, Stove, Sink, Microwave, Porta-Potti, Micro Furnace, upper and lower beds, etc.

I bought it privately, 12 years old at the time, gently used, stored indoors every winter.

Van 5.jpg

Van 6.jpg

Van 7.jpg

20170624_120656.jpg

20160612_121837.jpg

IMG_9379.jpg

• Like 5

i had a camper van and after that I had a truck slide in and they weren’t big enough.  I’m thinking 16’ interior including v nose. All Aluminum And put the boat on a small trailer so it’s not very wide.   The boat is 65” wide 15’6” long.  
I think this would be cheaper.  

8 hours ago, Spiel said:

This set up has worked very well for me..........
Fridge, Stove, Sink, Microwave, Porta-Potti, Micro Furnace, upper and lower beds, etc.

I bought it privately, 12 years old at the time, gently used, stored indoors every winter.

Van 5.jpg

Van 6.jpg

Van 7.jpg

20170624_120656.jpg

20160612_121837.jpg

IMG_9379.jpg

Trying to look at this on a cell phone with old eyes...is that a VW Westphalia?

Doug

23 hours ago, glen said:

The last few trips I have been tenting and i’m looking at doing something different.  It takes too long to set up and not weather proof enough.   
I’m thinking about getting a cargo trailer that I can put my boat inside.  Once the boat is out I can use the cargo trailer as a camper.  My boat is heavy so it would have to be on a small trailer.  
custom cargo trailer so it’s not bigger then I need.   
Any thoughts. 

irishfield could build the walls and roof on an aluminum flatbed.  

Putting a boat on a trailer in and out of a cargo trailer will be awkward. Then you have no camping comforts inside the cargo trailer. Also towing that big cargo trailer will be another problem. If you don't want another truck camper or small RV then get a good quality tent that does not leak in the rain.

• 4 months later...

Switching to a cargo trailer sounds like a great idea for a more convenient camping setup, especially with the versatility to house your boat! Customizing it to your specific needs is key, ensuring it's not larger than necessary. You'll have a camper that's adaptable and suits your unique requirements.

By the way, if you're ever in the US, exploring some of the fantastic theme parks could add some excitement to your travels! They're filled with diverse experiences and entertainment suitable for everyone.

Edited by SUNus

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 16 foot v nose enclosed trailer. Pull it almost anywhere,  quad with rack and 12 foot jonboat fits very nice with enough gear for 4 guys (really need to stop hauling so much).  Unload quad and boat, fish all day and easily sleep comfortably inside at night. I recommend it.

• Like 1