Missing Person

Nemo

Hi All,

Just a post to help out my friend John Puffer. His brother Bob has gone missing. He suffers from depression and there is some concern that he may have come to harm.

He dissappered last Tuesday and the family has asked that we spread the word.

One theory to his whereabouts is that he may have gone off to "get away" from it all. A green clearwater kayak is missing from the family cottage in Haliburton.

As you are out and about please keep an eye out and if you could check for his vehicles at put ins etc. it would be appreciated.

I will monitor this post and answer any questions if I can. If you see or find anything please contact the Toronto Police at the Numbers below.

Thanks for your help in this matter and I will keep it updated if there are any developments.

Mods if this is considered inappropriate please pull the thread.

Please see the release and photo below.

gallery_39_120_5001.jpg

Robert (Bob) Puffer

Missing

Last seen in Toronto at approximately 9 pm on Tuesday, June 26, 2007. Believed to have visited the family cottage on Lake Kashagawigamog in Haliburton, Ontario later that night. Bob was driving a 2005 2 dr. silver Honda Civic – license # 161 YYZ. In connection with the investigation, police are also looking for a green Clearwater Design kayak.

Bob is 47 years old, about 5’11” tall, 175 pounds and has dark blonde hair and blue eyes.

If you have any information please contact police at 416-808-3204 or 888-310-1122.

(No worries with this post, Nemo. Hope he is found safe and sound)

Edited by Nemo

Nemo

If you want to, send me a PM with an e-mail address. I will then send to you my e-mail address - you will be able to send the PIC to this e-mail address. I will change the PIC from BMP format to Jpeg and return it to you.

Or you can do it yourself very easily by using PAINT.

- right click on the image and select PAINT in OPEN WITH.

- click on file and then click on SAVE AS.

- on SAVE AS TYPE line, change the format of PIC to JPEG and then click - save.

- you now should have a JPEG PIC.

Good luck in changing the format and I hope the missing man is found soon.

carp-starter

PS - if the size of the pic is required, this will be the time to do it using paint and -Image, Stretch.Skew - just decrease the horizontal and verticle lenght.

Well written article. I can't even imagine what the family is going through wondering where he is. I'll certainly keep my eye out for him and pray for a good outcome to this puzzling situation.

Joey

• 1 month later...

Just an update with the latest...Just heard this morning.

OPP searching for missing Toronto man

KILLARNEY, ON - OPP are seeking the public’s assistance in locating a missing Toronto man.

Robert Puffer, age 47 was reported missing to Toronto Police Service on July 29.

He was operating a silver 2005 Honda Civic and was possibly in possession of a green 16-foot kayak.

He is described as 5”11” 175lbs, with sandy blond hair.

OPP located the vehicle belonging to Puffer at a dock in the Killarney area on August 26.

An OPP marine and ground search is underway.

http://sootoday.com/content/news/full_stor...oryNumber=26796

I will keep you posted.

Well lets hope for a good ending to this puzzeling situation,as the bush in that area is extreamly dense,and sparsly populated ,lets hope he didnt get into trouble way in the bush or on a river or lake...good-luck to everyone and his family as well,and maybe now they have a lead to follow and can go from there

THanks Gerritt I haven't spoken with the family yet but hopefully the OPP will be able to provide some answers with this new lead. This area is pretty vast and remote so every pair of eyes is important.

I will keep you posted.

• 4 years later...

Updated News - Bob Puffer's remains found on Georgian Bay

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/sudbury/story/2012/07/13/sby-remains-found.html

Canoeists find missing Toronto man's remains near Killarney

CBC News Posted: Jul 13, 2012 9:05 AM ET Last Updated: Jul 13, 2012 9:02 AM

Provincial police say they do not suspect foul play after human remains were found on a shoreline in Georgian Bay last weekend.

Robert Puffer went missing five years ago. (North American Missing Persons Network)

OPP say canoeists discovered the remains, which were in a state of decomposition, in an area called Soloman Bay on Philip Edward Island.

Following a post-mortem exam, the remains were identified as those belonging to 52-year-old Robert Puffer of Toronto.

Police said Puffer was reported missing in August of 2007, after he went out by himself in the Georgian Bay area, near Killarney.

An extensive search was done by police at the time.