Playing catch up here, mid-season review

fishdawg

Hey folks hope your all having a good safe season thus far.

Ive been keeping quite busy, havent been around here too much. As a few know, my wife & I are expecting our first child in October (its a boy! :thumbsup_anim: ) so ive been busy chipping away at the never ending "list". Sorry i couldnt make Lakair this year, ive enjoyed the reports from it & almost felt like i was there.

Thought I'd give ya peek of some of my on-the-water adventures from the past few months.

Spring was ok... a few lakers & browns to start things off

chunkybrown.jpg

IMG_06901.jpg

greaser.jpg

my best brown of this year - I was solo witha dispoable camera, so excuse the bad photo - this fish was only 25" long, but its girth was 20" it spat out lots of bait too when brought in the boat - PIG

blimpbrown-1.jpg

finally the salmon turned on - was able to get a buddy his 1st one ever (excuse the blood, those who fish salmon know its common)

HPIM0072.jpg

and dad got his 1st in many years

HPIM0038.jpg

couple of my best thus far

HPIM0075.jpg

HPIM0134.jpg

there's been some acrobatic rainbows thrown in too - lotsa fun on the lighter gear

HPIM0116.jpg

I took a short hiatus from the big water & went up to our place in the Kawarthas for muskie opener, only one small one, but was pleasently suprised with the good walleye action

IMG_0140Medium1.jpg

IMG_0138Medium1.jpg

but I rbought the boat back home with me and I am not sure when i'll be back up there......

been on Erie a coupla times recently & managed some eyes too

mon012.jpg

this past weekend was special, through the power of the internet, I was able to re-connect with an old highschool fishing buddy & we got out for the 1st time in about 7 yrs & grabbed a couple

sat013.jpg

the big Summer Salmon hunt begins this weekend & i'll be giving the east end of the lake a try

have a safe summer everyone,

sat006.jpg

Edited by fishdawg

WTG Mark, your having a great year by the looks of things, but then again, you always do well on the water :thumbsup_anim:

Congrats on the upcoming birth of your son too, life never gets better than that !!

Guest Johnny Bass

Man I gotta get a bigger boat! We have some really good salmanoid fishing near by! And that brown needs to go on a diet!!

Johnny, my boat is only a 16.5 30hp tiller - yours is nearly the same? Ive been fishing the Great lakes since I was 7, just gotta respect the water & know what days to stay home & wok on the honey-do-list

- no need for downriggers either, yes they are effective, but securely install some good rod holders & good salmon action can be had with other techniques

Guest Johnny Bass
Johnny, my boat is only a 16.5 30hp tiller - yours is nearly the same? Ive been fishing the Great lakes since I was 7, just gotta respect the water & know what days to stay home & wok on the honey-do-list

- no need for downriggers either, yes they are effective, but securely install some good rod holders & good salmon action can be had with other techniques

Yes I have a 16.5, 40 h.p. console. I hear alot of guys goin with smaller boats than mine. Still... I dont trust, Lake O, Erie, or Niagra river! I hear it can get ugly reel fast and I tried to battle 6 foot waves once, near Bowmanville....

I take it you are talking weighted lines and/or dipsey divers?Maybe some day I will try, but not any time soon.