1st Simcoe laker of the season. It,s been  a grind for some reason,but finally managed to put one top side. Came out of no where when I was reel up to cover the water colom. Was a quick red streak at 60 ft and strike.

fFmccv0.jpg

bify7x1.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, crappieperchhunter said:

Persistence pays off Brian. Beauty morning to be out on the water and you where rewarded  with  a nice one. Well done and thx for sharing.

Their a lot more elusive then those whities I chase Steve. Atleast I know their areas when the temps are right. These lakers will travel any where this time of year. Water temps seemed to have dropped a bit if you can believe that. 19.2 C this morning. Probly the wave action the past week. I have yet to pick up a thermocline. Bait fish clouds are crazy. Any where from surface down to 60-70 fow.

Edited by misfish

Very nice fish Brian glad you had time to get out and fish a little.

Art

• Thanks 1

Simcoe  has to be the toughest lake to pattern some.days just make no sense when you can drag a laker and a smallie off the same baitfish cloud in July in 35 ft of water

On 7/14/2019 at 3:50 PM, ecmilley said:

Simcoe  has to be the toughest lake to pattern some.days just make no sense when you can drag a laker and aI have heard they are chcing the gobys as a food sourcee same baitfish cloud in July in 35 ft of water

I have heard they are chasing the gobys as a food source.

2 hours ago, misfish said:

I have heard they are chasing the gobys as a food source.

As a apex predator lakers pretty much eat anything. We had lakers puking up gobys 20 years ago in port hope

7 minutes ago, ecmilley said:

As a apex predator lakers pretty much eat anything. We had lakers puking up gobys 20 years ago in port hope

Interesting.

I figure they are coming up from steep drops to feed .