Omemee Pond

ty1on

Throwing smaller spinners and texas rigged softplastics have always done well for me there.

Remember, the closer you get to the stumps, the better off you are. Even if you are clicking against the stumps on the retrieve.

There have to be some huge bass in there, although I've never caught anything too big there myself...

(True on the introduction as well)

My buddy and I fished that pond once, and had a pretty good day.

We got a bunch of fish, with quite a few being the 3lb + range.

Like wask said, right up against the stumps was where we got most of our fish.

We were flippin soft plastics (tubes & worms)

Good luck

I caught this largemouth in the Omemee pond in Sept. 95. It was 22" long and had a 16" girth. It was taken on a 6" black sluggo.

3877omeemee.jpg

Welcome to the board ty1on, I'll be watching for your report. Don't forget to take lots of pics, we like pics here.

Good luck.

Edited by jediangler

I caught a 33" ski on a banjo minnow...the next cast I caught an 11 lbs carp also on the banjo minnow. Sorry no pics of the fish Jedi was out in his canoe with the Impaler that day while I fished from shore. There are some nice fish in the pond...just gotta find em. Good luck !

i wuz there on sunday afternoon for a couple hours. i got skunked, but had a missed hit on a buzzbait. the weeds up there are starting to get really thick, so you definitely have to go weedless. never caught anything huge there, but i've seen some really big bass in there. good luck.

Thanks guys

My name is Tyler. I started looking at the postings for new fishing lakes a while ago and decided that I should just join. I recently moved to Scugog Island and will looking for some spots within an hour drive.

Nice pic Jedi

Thanks again for the tips.

it's not a nice little place to go any more

in the past I did very well

the last trip there last year there were way to many boats on the water for the size of it

I was there on Saturday opening day and there were 35 trucks parked and boats everywhere....

and one boat was zipping around full blast making a mess of everything and yelling at anyone that was in their way of going full blast..oh yeah..that's how I spell fun........not....

no one was catching anything..well some rock bass, anyone I talked to said 1 or 2 very small bass to show for it..

I will be crossing it off my list of out of the way fishing holes...

yes i hear you terry,it used to be a great little spot and i have fished there for over 30yrs,my grandad took me there as a kid,there has always been big bass in there,until now it was never overfished or boats there its too well known now,and all the people from toronto go there,its way to crowded now,and it will be fished out before to long.....too bad

I agree. Way too crowded now. My inlaws live in Omemee and I used to stop there on the way back to TO for just an hour. It used to be just me and the wife and we would each catch one or two. Now its littered with fishermen and garbage. Last few years the fishing has been terrible. I don't even stop there anymore. My wife complains about the litter and all the people there. Not worth it.

yeah a couple of years ago I would have been upset to see a post about this little spot, knowing how quickly the internet can spread the word of a hot spot..now who cares it's dead or close to it, I don't think the fishing there will ever recover from the fishing pressure it sees now

• 1 year later...

there are still solid fish in there...but like everybody else has said, it's a tough bite....over crowded, garbage every where, excellent person boaters, etc, etc.....

I would recommend fishing during mid week, early morning and downsize your lures a bit.....definitely be flipping all the stumps....spinner baits, plastics, short fat cranks, top waters and drifting big chubs below slip floats....all of those have produced for me

I've never fished the pond, but drive past it all the time. To be honest, I'm surprised how busy everybody says it is. I hardly ever see a boat out on it. Mind you, I'm not by much on the weekends. I will agree regarding the trashiness of the place. I stopped by the park in town to have my lunch one day last year and was disgusted by the condition of the beach.

A better option would be to launch north of 7 on the river below the dam and fish up into Pigeon. It's a good launch and a nicer little park.