Two of my 2007 Goals Accomplished

ccmtcanada

At the beginning of the year, I decided that I'd try to catch 5 species as recognized by the OFAH minimum size standards. With that, bly and I decided to try a few new types of fishing in order to attain that goal...one was float fishing for trout and the other was bottom fishing for carp.

The smallie that I caught in Nipissing's boat at Lakair this past weekend happened to be my 5th species!! Here's a little summary of the qualifying fish....

01Jan5Pike.jpg

02May1Trout.jpg

03May10Panfish.jpg

03aMay4Carp.jpg

05June23Smallie.jpg

A few other goals included catching my first Muskie (also accomplished at Lakair), and my other is landing a nice Salmon. I figure my best opportunity for the Salmon will be the fall runs on the tribs.

Oh yeah...in looking at the current Avid Anglers on their site, I noticed that our very own pikeie also has attained this status!! Congrats pikeie!!

A few other goals included catching my first Muskie (also accomplished at Lakair), and my other is landing a nice Salmon. I figure my best opportunity for the Salmon will be the fall runs on the tribs.

Cliff...I have confidence in your abilities and I think you will catch a Salmon if you go night fishing in Late August - Mid-September at the mouth of any of the tributaries down your way casting one of these in 3/4 oz size.

cleoorangemq3.jpg

Little Cleo - Flourescent Orange Glow

Go to Fortino's or any other place that develops film from the disposable cameras and ask to have one with a flash that has been stripped of the film. This makes for a cheap flash to charge your glow lures with.

Congrats Cliff and Pikeie. I'm sure the Salmon will make the list once you start targeting them, might be nice to replace Rock Bass with Salmon on your 5 qualifiers (not that I have anything against rock bass - hell of a fish :P )

Well done cliff,now you got the real hard 5 more to get.. :clapping::w00t: .lol...lol... congrats,cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

LOL Shawn....you are right!! The other categories are....

Largemouth Bass

Muskie

Walleye

Salmon

Whitefish

Hopefully bly and I can get into big Walleye this fall again. The Salmon could be caught in a trib. The largie, muskie and whitefish could be tough without a boat.....hint hint....LOL.

thanks and good job cliff! ya i finally got the avid angler staus this year, ive come close the last 2 years but never have got the award. the reason i got it this year was because of my very first whitefish fishing simcoe this year :thumbsup_anim: