new ice fishing set-up

kickingfrog

2 minutes ago, Terry said:

i guess the problem is

can it jig without setting the hook

if a mechanical device helps set the hook it would be illegal

You need all the help you can get,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I say it,s legal, if it helps ya buddy.,:o

Edit to add, thats a long piece of line on that one fish.

Edited by misfish

7 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

boy i hope buddy got a patent before going on the news. Otherwise bass pro is already going to have an order out to china to make 10,000 of them for 10 cents a piece and will subsequently sue the guy for stealing their idea to boot.

You are 110% right Acree. A  million and a half hits too late. There are corporations like BP and or Cabela's  out there already that have copied it and applied for preliminary patents in the US I'm afraid to say. Money talks and great ideas given for free walk. They are probably already developing an App for the smart phone to tell you a fish is on. Too bad for the guy really.

17 hours ago, Old Ironmaker said:

You are 110% right Acree. A  million and a half hits too late. There are corporations like BP and or Cabela's  out there already that have copied it and applied for preliminary patents in the US I'm afraid to say. Money talks and great ideas given for free walk. They are probably already developing an App for the smart phone to tell you a fish is on. Too bad for the guy really.

On ‎28‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 1:52 PM, AKRISONER said:

boy i hope buddy got a patent before going on the news. Otherwise bass pro is already going to have an order out to china to make 10,000 of them for 10 cents a piece and will subsequently sue the guy for stealing their idea to boot.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

The fact he posted it all over Facebook is probably a good thing if he's going to pursuit a patent. Chronologically, it openly demonstrates he held the intellectual property first. If he sells this idea to a larger business to take over, they'll have a great paper trail of ownership. It's the good ideas that get mentioned causally to the wrong people that get sniped because it becomes a he said, she said battle. Either way, he should unload it for cash and a residual % of sales and let a business with the capital to build and market it have it.