Remembrance Day

Tom S

I was at the Lakefield service as always this morning and with it being a Saturday and the beautiful weather today there was an excellent turnout which is always nice to see.

Also nice to see so many kids there too.

I want to thank all of my fellow Veterans for there service. Many of the freedoms that we all enjoy were paid for in blood....we must not forget to thank and honor those that died or are living a life with the physical and mental scars for the rest of their lives.

Art

U.S. Navy.SeaBees

I was shocked today.

Was at Cabelas this morning. Announcement came over the PA, Please observe a couple of minutes of silence. I could hear people still chatting away loudly. Was very disappointing.

It was very nice though that the store did this today.

Edited by Misfish

I spent today at the service in Ottawa.

After the service I enjoyed a few beers with some people I served with in years past & some still serving.

Currently in my hotel room watching the Leafs & waiting for another old buddy from the service to drop by.

Pro Patria

I was heading to st joe's in downtown Hamilton when the Lancaster, a Herc and the B25 flew over. Everyone on the street stopped what they were doing and watched. The hospital stopped for a moment of silence followed by the reading of Flanders Fields. The warplane museum is a special place and I remember attending when there was 5-600 in attendance.. It's up to 3000 people now..